Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What.CD interview and how it compares to Waffles

you probably don't need the high quality mp3s at what.cd if you failed the interview TWICE.
    try using soulseek instead.
    Last edited by piratebot; 12-08-2008 at 06:56 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I know shit about transcoding but have a couple of nice what/waffles accounts and a huge music library leeched now. Those interviews sound ridiculous, who cares if you don't know about that. Just get an invite from someone.
    Last edited by leechasaurus; 12-08-2008 at 09:13 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by leechasaurus View Post
    I know shit about transcoding but have a couple of nice what/waffles accounts and a huge music library leeched now. Those interviews sound ridiculous, who cares if you don't know about that. Just get an invite from someone.
    the interview makes sure that the people that get in aren't totally clueless about music and the guidelines/rules for the site. If you can't be bothered to learn them, you don't deserve and shouldn't be in either waffles or what.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Like I care what you think about what I deserve. I've got two accounts on both and hit and run with my big buffers and have the backup just in case they get banned. Oh yeah, I taught myself how to rip v0 from flac because I use it on my ipod. I don't need to get all fussy about those spectral charts and shit like that.
    Last edited by leechasaurus; 12-08-2008 at 09:21 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by leechasaurus View Post
    Like I care what you think about what I deserve. I've got two accounts on both and hit and run with my big buffers and have the backup just in case they get banned. Oh yeah, I taught myself how to rip v0 from flac because I use it on my ipod. I don't need to get all fussy about those spectral charts and shit like that.
    spectral charts show whether the file is a transcode or not. A transcode is lossy to lossy convertion like v0 to 320. You convert flac to v0 which is fine. And what exactly do you mean by have the backup? Do you mean multiple accounts?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Yeah I know what they do, I just don't care to read them or get fussy over it, there are enough music snobs on what to tell me in the comments if the rip is ok. Yeah I have multiple accounts. Get over it, I'm a pirate and not a nice one. Argh.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Thanks for all the answers thoughtful or not. These kind of subjects are very popular around here which is kind of nice for me since I get more information.

But yeah I never read anything before I take the interview the first time a month ago, I read for a short 2 minutes from the links they provided the first time I failed. and that is why I am not surprised I failed twice. But that is not the point anyway.

I will keep trying, one more time, 2 tops and I will eventually go in and after 2 weeks I will forget everything that was in the interview but I will be a good leecher with short term knowledge since I have no plans to become a music uploader as well.
    And I highly doubt the interview will help me keep a good ratio on the tracker and be a good member. I am sure not even half of the members there remember what the interview was about.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    In the Invites Database forum on the site, (visible to Elite and up) people have posted a lot of the interview questions used. Honestly I would have failed a couple. I had to look up what a ALAC was. Some of the questions strike me as being written by music snobs, but their intent is still correct. They want good users who know how to and will be successful using the site. Good luck and keep studying!
    Last edited by colbert; 12-08-2008 at 11:22 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    In the Invites Database forum on the site, (visible to Elite and up) people have posted a lot of the interview questions used. Honestly I would have failed a couple. I had to look up what a ALAC was. Some of the questions strike me as being written by music snobs, but their intent is still correct. They want good users who know how to and will be successful using the site. Good luck and keep studying!
    ALAC = Apple Lossless

Hmm, maybe I know too much about music encoding...

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    what.cd has a lot more features and is much better

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast