Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how to buy into pedros?

Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    powerusers have one invite all first day of the month

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Isn't the only people with the "power user" label are the ones that donate? I believe it's everyone that has uploaded more than 10gb gets invites every month.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    For those of you who say they aren't "at risk" are nuts.

Pedros was even mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine a few months back as one the top trackers on the RIAA's list. On the other token, how many sites have you heard about the RIAA taking down?
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-09-2008 at 10:30 AM.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    If you can't get an invite from an existing member, you can donate 5 euros in order to become a member there. Also, you can't be promoted to power user unless you donate 20 euros per month. This policy isn't very nice but I guess they do what they have to do, in order to survive the server costs. Apart from that, the site is great. Great uploads, strong community and very friendly staff. If you are into FLAC, you should look for an invite there!
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Pedros was even mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine a few months back as one the top trackers on the RIAA's list. On the other token, how many sites have you heard about the RIAA taking down?
    what else was mention in the mag?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Oh I'm sure us members of the site are at risk(as are members at any bittorrent tracker, private or public), it's just that I'm not that worried about it.

That's crazy Pedro's was mentioned in Rolling Stones though. If the sites gets taken down, the owner will have noone to blame but himself. By making the site easily accessible to anyone that has a few measly dollars in their paypal account, he's making the site a lot bigger(and easier) target.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    It was an article detailing the take down of oink. E**** and Pedro's were both mentioned along with another that I can't recall.

It really shouldn't come as a surprise though. Go to any site that discusses torrents/invites and you'll see the names all over the place. Trying to keep a tracker secret is silly.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-09-2008 at 11:03 AM.

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    PoorFook's Avatar SpongeBob's Minion BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by aaatoel View Post
    If you can't get an invite from an existing member, you can donate 5 euros in order to become a member there. Also, you can't be promoted to power user unless you donate 20 euros per month. This policy isn't very nice but I guess they do what they have to do, in order to survive the server costs. Apart from that, the site is great. Great uploads, strong community and very friendly staff. If you are into FLAC, you should look for an invite there!
    5 EUR, I did it myself.
    Don't you get invites if you uploaded more than 10 GB and the account is 100 days old?

I was wondering, on the first first day of the month .. is it possible to buy a week of PU and get the invite?
    Last edited by PoorFook; 12-09-2008 at 12:09 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    PoorFook's Avatar SpongeBob's Minion BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    No, 5 EUR to get in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast