Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Been Capped on OVH?

That is tottaly not true
    Maybe the boy has misunderstood.
    The servers ovh offers have different policies each other.
    There is no low priority on rps servers .
    The only limitation you can face is HD's rpm.
    But with some tweaking you can push your rps up to 5mb/s.

And a thing that a lot of you always miss is that you can not always have 10 mb/s and that depends from you not hosting companies. You have to know how to handle a dedicated server. You can not expect great speeds by seeding a torrent with only 80 leechers and 1000 seeders on a server like sct for example
    Last edited by seedplace; 12-30-2008 at 06:01 AM.
    Seedplace.eu
    The place to seed!!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I know, we've already talked about that I don't expect 10mb/s, I don't even expect half that... but I do expect more than 1 when just a couple days ago I was getting that. Now the fluctuating speeds seem here to stay and not topping 1mb/s no matter what the seed/peer ratio is. As an uploader on many sites I am the only seed and it makes no difference.

The first 13 days I uploaded 1.5TB. Last 2 days like 50GB. Something happened, and it's not on my end as I haven't changed any settings at all.

Edit: Could very well be a hardware problem, but seems unlikely. What do you think?
    Last edited by Ichigo81; 12-30-2008 at 07:52 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Filthy Ripper
    Ichigo81, what is a scale of time axis on your screenshot?
    Last edited by UncleBob; 12-30-2008 at 06:59 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    The first one I made was a 5 second interval, the second is a 1 second interval.

I wonder since the cache read is exactly the same (the darker red line) that it could be a HDD failure. I dunno, but this sucks now.
    Last edited by Ichigo81; 12-30-2008 at 07:34 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Filthy Ripper
    You mentioned you reinstalled the OS? If you run Linux, make sure you have upgraded to the latest version of wine. uTorrent has a problem with earlier wine versions. It's also helpful to check uTorent log with all logging options turned on.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Yea it was doing this before the reinstall tho. I have Wine 1.1.10, I know about the bad disconnect bugs in earlier ones.

Here's a log if you wanna look

http://www.mediafire.com/?w0zmyxmzyxg

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Filthy Ripper
    Log is pretty much okay. But this graph is something I cannot understand. What traffic series is that? Sorry if I missed it in your earlier posts. I'm at 'Standard' and once managed to UL about 800GB/24hr. And once I thought I was being capped, it returned back to normal in about 1-2 hours.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I'm on the "RPS I" (using a reseller). It won't come close to 800GB in 24 hours I was able to get a steady stream of 2-3mb/s upload all day long but now it's like this.

Now, I am trying to download something and the download speed is also being capped/doing the same thing.

Edit: Opening Firefox and downloading off websites don't work either. Download would start up then just crash back to desktop. Now I'm really starting to think it's hardware related.
    Last edited by Ichigo81; 12-31-2008 at 02:18 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I have on Kimsufi. I emailed them and threatened to download a 200Gb pack and they uncapped me.

Last edited by KushBlow; 12-31-2008 at 02:25 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    WHY SO SERIOUS? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    how can you know if youre capped?
    lol in the rare event that my ovh rps is up im lucky to get over 100KBS upload

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast