Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trophy Hunting and why it is bad for BT communities

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    FFS, can't we have one fucking thread that doesn't turn to name calling by page 2?

As for the topic - I keep Bittorrent sites as part of my repertoire. I don't use any of them with any regular frequency, but they're nice to have when I can't find something by the usual methods.

The last thing I downloaded at:

FTN was in August.
    SCT is probably about same.
    E**** was September.
    TL was so long ago that none of the torrents are even still on the site and my snatchlist is empty.

If the sites really didn't want irregular users, they could just purge the unused accounts.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    FFS, can't we have one fucking thread that doesn't turn to name calling by page 2?
    As of late it seems not, must be the holiday stress getting to people.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Collector-Rejector reporting in!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hmmm.. some trackers I just don't use that often. If I'm seeding 10 things on torrentsiteX but only login once in a couple weeks to see what is new, if anything, I think it's bad to kick me out.

Not everyone has to be a "heavy user" to be using and contributing to a site.

Pretty soon we are going to see trackers that say you have to download 5 movies a day to stay active. Not everyone watches 10 hours worth of movies a day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    The entire point of this thread...was to point out that you dont need to collect trackers!

For 0day you can get everything that you want on scc/tl those are two easy sites to get into. Most people i know still use those two sites even when they have other sites.

My point is you do not need 10 0day sites sitting and collecting dust. You should be active on 1 or 2 and thats it, half the uploaders for all the big 5, upload on all of them. The big 5 also each have autoscripts going that up the same thing. Just look in a tracers channel and watch /me shakes head.

The point is...if you have accounts that you ran after and once you got you were like "oh why all the hype, im not going to use this" then delete your account. PM staff if the delete app isnt working. Make space for progress.

To the 3 haters: If the thread wasn't worth your time...stop posting in it walking irony.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Most accounts I have are immune to pruning or just have lazy scripts because I always expect them to be deleted when I check. Also I've had trackers deny my request to delete my account. SCC was one. Others have been pruned, I've kept FTN to check out sometimes, but that's the one I used most anyway for the forums and whatever. I use it to find headers on files sometimes still.

SCT FSC iTS SCL IFI etc etc are all gone since I began to leech using newsgroups more.

I completely agree that having too many sites is useless. But you sound like a bit of a dbag from your condescending tone.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    4. You don't donate, because you dont use the tracker.
    Donating or not has nothing to do with how much of an active user you are. Many times I see people donate to get VIP and use that account to trade..

On topic: People clamoring for any invite they see annoys me. But this should annoy everyone in my opinion.
    Last edited by NA_Magus; 12-23-2008 at 10:34 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    for a 22 year old, probably whit pimples in his face, and no girlfriend, i understand, you perfectly, you have the smack you own cock sindrom!

grow up, we have wifes, kids, girlfriends, more girlfriends, jobs, and sex to do all day if possible!!!

what do u think you are? a global collector, who comes here and thinks everyone here is a cheater and a collector like you?

grow up, some bear first, than drink some beer like man do, and than, come and talk to me. ps this thread is laughable!

makes me think what you said- # ppl dont donate # ummm maybe thoese tracker really whant is money.

revtt is fine by me. or even mininova.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    ...in the end we want you to use our trackers.
    who is we?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    him and his alter egos.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast