Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crabgirl, looky here!

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    My question was more of, does dessert wine age well or is it best consumed closer to the release/sell date.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Open it, if it smells like pish don't drink it.

Trust your olfactory senses.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Open it, if it smells like pish drink it anyway, you paid for it ffs.
    fixed.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #14
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    as long as the it was in a cool spot and on its side some what and the cork stayed moist it should be fine ....and if its not just cook with it marinate a steak with it you texan
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

5. Lounge   -   #15
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Texan Wine - Texan Wine ffs. Wine, from Texas.

It beggars belief.

Rule of thumb Sky zoo, only good wine ages well. Pish doesn't get better with age. Was it good stuff or pish when you bought it.
    There's plenty of decent wine that comes out of the hill country.

I don't know what this cost at the time of purchase but I would have never paid a great deal for it. It was prolly $20-30 bucks though. I don't know enough about wine to appreciate anything that costs more than that.
    The best wine is not the most expensive, sometimes a $6 is great.
    The older the wine the better it is, so if you let it in a corner a few more years it will be great.
    Never put a bottle of wine in the fridge, wine is to leave out and drinkit like that.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    When wine goes bad, because of the cork, or because it was near a source of heat etc, it turns itself into vinager.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Best wine is not the most expensive - True.
    The older a wine is the better it is - Bollocks. True for some wines but pish for others. All wine has eventual drink by dates.
    Never put a bottle of wine in the fridge - Bollocks x 2 What about white wine.
    When wine goes bad because of the cork or because it was near a source of heat it turns itself into Vinegar. Ummmm..... if you want to know about Wine faults I'll give you some info but thats pish also.

Skizo, Sorry I didn't see this thread. Dessert Wines generally keep well because of the high amount of residual sugar. I'm guessing it may be very good. Let me go look it up in the trade sites and I'll come back to you in a bit. Good maker though.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by weenden View Post
    as long as the it was in a cool spot and on its side some what and the cork stayed moist it should be fine ....and if its not just cook with it marinate a steak with it you texan
    Please PLEASE don't marinade a steak with Dessert wine. Ughhh....
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Has it got a grape variety or any more info on the bottle? Does it say something like "Late Harvest" and then the grape type?

10. Lounge   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by weenden View Post
    Please PLEASE don't marinade a steak with Dessert wine. Ughhh....
    He would never do that...every Texan knows that the only proper marinade is the blood of an Okie.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast