Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000-xp Lite

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Keikan@11 September 2003 - 16:46
    Whats WFP?
    Windows File Protectionj.

Also XPlite gets rid of wallpapers, screen savers, and crap no one evr uses.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I think everyone uses wallpapers. I have a new one everyday. Screensavers I never use. They are pointless. I just set the monitor to turn off. Why have the monitor on for hours if it's not being used?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    WFP sucks when, like me, you try to replace the standard notepad.exe with something more functional, without having to reassociate everything that's already associated with Notepad.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    How do you get rid of WFP?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Supernatural@11 September 2003 - 17:27
    I think everyone uses wallpapers. I have a new one everyday. Screensavers I never use. They are pointless. I just set the monitor to turn off. Why have the monitor on for hours if it's not being used?
    No no no, it gets rid of the stadard wallpaper that comes with XP.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker+12 September 2003 - 03:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shad0w Hacker @ 12 September 2003 - 03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Supernatural@11 September 2003 - 17:27
    I think everyone uses wallpapers. I have a new one everyday. Screensavers I never use. They are pointless. I just set the monitor to turn off. Why have the monitor on for hours if it&#39;s not being used?&nbsp;
    No no no, it gets rid of the stadard wallpaper that comes with XP. [/b][/quote]
    What&#39;s the point of that? A couple of jpegs isn&#39;t going to reclaim much space. Besides, most of the XP wallpapers are pretty cool. Like Stonehenge, and the yellow flowers.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    but the point is getting rid of all the crap that come swith the os, that you usally dont have a choice, but now with lite pc, u can, remove i.e etc, remove media player, and use ur own programs, which is very handy.

i tried the 98 version, and it ran alot smoother, u could also replace the 98 kernel, so remove all the integration with ie. and it ran alot smoother.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by Livy@12 September 2003 - 09:34
    ...u could also replace the 98 kernel, so remove all the integration with ie. and it ran alot smoother.
    I don&#39;t think the XP kernal needs to be replaced. It&#39;s already rock solid. Getting rid of IE doesn&#39;t sound like a good idea. Love it or hate it, we all need it for some websites. How else are you supposed to get windows updates?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i meant u could do that in the 9x version, u could replace the 98 kernel, with a stripped out one, or even the 95 kernel,
    the xp kernel is fine, but u could remove all the integration with ie, and ie itself and use ur own browser, like mozilla, or stripping it down for use as a hoem server etc, u dont want all the crap runnign to slow it down/

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by Livy@12 September 2003 - 10:13
    i meant u could do that in the 9x version, u could replace the 98 kernel, with a stripped out one, or even the 95 kernel,
    the xp kernel is fine, but u could remove all the integration with ie, and ie itself and use ur own browser, like mozilla, or stripping it down for use as a hoem server etc, u dont want all the crap runnign to slow it down/
    I&#39;d rather have IE integration than Mozilla. IE is more reliable I think. It&#39;s almost garunteed to work. Windows Update does not work with any browser but IE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast