Thread: Seen nzbpool?

Question Mark

Hey guys,

Anyone been on nzbpool.com yet?

I saw this link in a header on binsearch.They have come up with a great idea I think. They allow you to create your own own pool that you control and index your nzb's! Its like running your own tiny nzb site which you control. I created my pool just to test it out and you can create your own categories, personal shoutbox, fields and access control. I think its a great idea if you want to get your own stuff indexed in sections that normal indexing sites haven't got or I guess to share crap with just fiends or teams but still with the benefit of ng detauks. So far not seen any limits on nzb or retentions so thats a + lol

What you guys think?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I like the idea but I would want to search/browse groups too instead of just uploading NZBs.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    yeah you can search for pools and nzb's inside the pools. Or you mean groups as in newsgroups? Check my title, im a newb :-P

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by earthcadet View Post
    yeah you can search for pools and nzb's inside the pools. Or you mean groups as in newsgroups? Check my title, im a newb :-P
    I meant browsing the newsgroups.
    Would save my lazy ass from searching for a release and download/upload the NZB. Then just mark it as "ok" or something when I've verified it myself.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    I've noticed a strange phenomenon: whenever a new site opens up, it is immediately "found" by someone --not in any way connected to the site-- who then opens up accounts at many different discussion forums, to spread word of this "great find"

Here's another on Newsleecher's forum by the same "one-hit wonder"

http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105418

Just one question, earthcadet:

What are your plans for this site of yours? Considering that you are asking people to donate their time and effort to build up your site, will you pledge that the site will always be free? Or do you plan to start charging a subscription ... that people then must pay to access the same information that they earlier donated?

It's a nice looking site, but personally, I can't yet see it's major draw, except possibly for specific niches that are not served elsewhere. The concept reminds me of an old eDonkey site called "Shared Folders" -- if anyone remembers that one. Very useful in its day.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    I've noticed a strange phenomenon: whenever a new site opens up, it is immediately "found" by someone --not in any way connected to the site-- who then opens up accounts at many different discussion forums, to spread word of this "great find"

Here's another on Newsleecher's forum by the same "one-hit wonder"

http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105418

Just one question, earthcadet:

What are your plans for this site of yours? Considering that you are asking people to donate their time and effort to build up your site, will you pledge that the site will always be free? Or do you plan to start charging a subscription ... that people then must pay to access the same information that they earlier donated?

It's a nice looking site, but personally, I can't yet see it's major draw, except possibly for specific niches that are not served elsewhere. The concept reminds me of an old eDonkey site called "Shared Folders" -- if anyone remembers that one. Very useful in its day.
    Chill, man. It's a an innovative idea that deserves some attention/suggestions and he posted his site in the correct section here on FST. What's wrong with that?

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It's good but still there is a very low number of nzbs