Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kid friendly Torrentsite

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    quite frankly i wouldn't let a 10yo girl on any torrent site. i'd say teach the mother how to do it, give her a torrentleech invite and then let her do the downloading for the daughter.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    quite frankly i wouldn't let a 10yo girl on any torrent site. i'd say teach the mother how to do it, give her a torrentleech invite and then let her do the downloading for the daughter.
    Don't let age fool you. My brother is barely 9 and he's practically an uploader for TTi
    Last edited by KushBlow; 01-13-2009 at 02:16 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    TS.org
    http://torrentseed.org if you dont mind hiding the xxx torrents and forum has no xxx section ( I dont see the need for it ). Forum has radio and arcade also to pass the time.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Don't let age fool you. My brother is barely 9 and he's practically an uploader for TTi
    The problem is that she wants to learn everything. Just teaching the mother would last like a day or something. Also TL isn't really what I would call an easy starter site because of the Wait times for new users.

And also try pressing the xxx by mistake and all of a sudden we have "Mom.. what does PussyTorrents mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    http://torrentseed.org if you dont mind hiding the xxx torrents and forum has no xxx section ( I dont see the need for it ). Forum has radio and arcade also to pass the time.
    Will the XXX option completely disappear? That's what I'm looking for. No checkbox or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post

lol exactly what we don't need.

Looks like I just found a new idea for a site. PM me once someone set it up
    What about Funfile? Or TiP? No pron if my memory serves me right.
    Can someone confirm? And also are they easy to use. Remember we are dealing with complete newbies here. BTW I don't know what TiP means... Apart from TiP Records
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 01-13-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    vic's Avatar Poster
    Just checked what you said on TL.

first of all the forums there are kinda dead

secondly i marked everything but the XXX, and searched for the word XXX, found nothing adult.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE=Blue_Skies;3098865]

Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Will the XXX option completely disappear? That's what I'm looking for. No checkbox or anything.
    This is something that has puzzled me a lot of sites require you to be 13 or over to sign up but then still have a lot of content not suitable for youngsters under 18. You would think they could write something that would effectively filter the torrents and forums for unsuitable files, & posts. As some one said chaecking or unchecking a tickbox isn't a good solution unless once unchecked there was password protection to make the box visible & tickable again
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-13-2009 at 02:29 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    no matter where, no matter how. kids aren't stupid. she'll find out and end up seeing content, that's not appropiate for her age. may it be some horror movie or xxx. it's the forbidden fruit that attracts curiosity.

don't understimate the psychological side effects that come with being opposed to such content or even plain text at a young age.

10 is simply too young to navigate through the internet or even private trackers without parental guidance in my opinion.

if she's curious about technology, software and computers, there are a million other things that can be taught.

but hey, your decision. invite the girl to sct.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 01-13-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: graaaaaammmmaaar

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The problem is that some asshole told her about Limewire. So reassess the situation.

If I can't give her other options, then she will completely fuck up the PC. And I would really prefer it not be Demonoid as she would be constantly downloading unusable games.... and wanting me to fix them

And no ScT is probably not a good bet.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 01-13-2009 at 02:46 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    And no ScT is probably not a good bet.
    i wasn't serious

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    mobile's Avatar Poster
    hey m8....i do have an idea of a site named speed.cd...on the front page itself its says "its a family-safe torrent site"....as far as i know i guess i have seen somebody post that its has about 5k torrents(cant be sure though)....so u might try that site....gud thing is its open to sign up..often

and now too http://speed.cd/signup.php

hope this helps you to some extent

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast