Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Ring Remake

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Well I think they should be remade. Not all of us want to watch a subtitled movie that is undoubtedly foreign.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Poster
    Right On!!!!!!!!!!!! ezyryder if they keep on doing it not only will people think that the origionals are bad they will try and remake everything so they dont have to watch it in subtitles or so they can relate to it more coz of the surroundings. and that will kill off some damn good movies!!!!

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman@13 September 2003 - 02:59
    Well I think they should be remade. Not all of us want to watch a subtitled movie that is undoubtedly foreign.
    Its ok if you just want it in english but you have still got to keep the surrounding story and feel of the scenery in place otherwise you are ruining a pefectly good film.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    there was a book? id like to check that out.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by ezyryder@13 September 2003 - 03:56
    I&#39;d have to agree, Japanese director Hideo Nakata who made the Ringu has had his other movies: Choas and Dark Water set for American remake. These movies are not old, from the last year or two. It, to me, conveys American film-makers think they can do it better than other countries, be it Spain or in this case Japan.

neither the American or Japanese are exactly like the original, because the Japanese version was different from the book. The Korean make of Ringu is quite true to the book.

Anyway, I think it&#39;s better to subtitle movies which were already greats as they are. The japanese culture, locations and directing are all of course unique to them. This is what makes the movie, just as martial arts make many of the HK and China films. Since the martial arts tallents and style is unique to China&#39;s locations and so forth, means other countries just get the movies dubbed or subtitled. So i think this should be the same with Japanese. A movie made to be based arround a countries culture and area should not be remade into something completely different, since the plot was tailored arround where the original was set.

So yeah, to re-phrase, I think foreign movies which are classics should not be remade as changing characteristics of the movies (in this case culture, directing, location) changes the feel of the movie and in exteme cases it&#39;s message.
    They better remake Dark Waters properly or else I will join forces with spirit and wreck chaos in hollywood&#33;&#33;

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    i wanna see the japanese version, the american version was not scary at all.

proud to be american

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Originally posted by spirit+13 September 2003 - 04:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spirit @ 13 September 2003 - 04:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@13 September 2003 - 02:59
    Its ok if you just want it in english but you have still got to keep the surrounding story and feel of the scenery in place otherwise you are ruining a pefectly good film. [/b][/quote]
    dubbing it to english would screw it worse than the remake. You can get all copies of the ring/ringu on emule if you wanted to, becareful of rasen/spiral though as it has the most sources but it&#39;ll never complete as it has a lot of corrupted parts...find a different alternative and you should be ok.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    In the remake they twisted it a little because the horse scene not in the original ringu. All i can say is do not watch it with the lights off the ending gets you big time if you hooked. but the sequel for me is better, it definitely more scarier

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    too confusing for me though... ringu was more simple yet suspending. B) but ringu 2 still kicks monkey butt

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    what will get me is what the hell they will do for the ring 2, if it not to be like the original. surely they not go along same like as the first one. i say more coming out of the tv and killing more, that would really make it cool

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast