Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost Thread (Starts 2-2-10)

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Wow, they
    Spoiler: Show
    So will this stop the events that took place in the first 4 seasons from ever happening? WTF, so
    [center]

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I guess not, want to indulge?
    [center]

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    What kind of event do you think could possibly get Richard to anoint Ben as their leader.Remember he is just some four eyed waif out of Darma.The fact that later he proves Darma's Judas still wouldn't suffice to give him rule.

Also remember the paradox of time travel.You can't alter the past without seriously altering the future .
    Sahid(sic) would not have been in position to do what he did if the future version of himself was changed.

More likely the Losties are perpetrators of their own fate and all he accomplished was to set in motion the very events that he was hoping to prevent.
    And royally screwed himself in the process.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Also remember the paradox of time travel.You can't alter the past without seriously altering the future .
    Sahid(sic) would not have been in position to do what he did if the future version of himself was changed.

More likely the Losties are perpetrators of their own fate and all he accomplished was to set in motion the very events that he was hoping to prevent.
    And royally screwed himself in the process.
    Hmmm. A couple of weeks ago, I probably would've concurred with the above, based on Faraday's statements. However, we now have to consider the possibility that Faraday has gotten it wrong.

Going on latent evidence from the previous episode, I think we have to conclude that the original timeline has been altered in some way. When Lapidis is landing the plane (on the runway Sawyer and Kate were buliding in season 3, no less) we can clearly hear the numbers being broadcast. In the original timeline, Rousseau changed the numbers tape that led her people to the island, replacing it with her own SOS message in French. If Lapidis can hear the numbers broadcast in 2007, something must have changed.

Also, when Sun and Frank arrive at the Dharma barracks, it is in complete disarray and there are Dharma symbols all over the place, suggesting that the Others never inhabited the barracks after the Purge. Perhaps even suggesting that the Purge never occurred. What could have caused this? Maybe something as catastrophic as the young Ben being murdered in 1977.

So, I think we're supposed to assume that things can be changed. What possible effect this has, I haven't a fucking clue, like.

Still, what you say is completely plausible. The island may well save young Ben's life with its healing properties or even resurrect him as Locke was brought back from the dead. This may well qualify him to be leader of the Others and everything may play out as it always did.

Ms. Hawking says that the universe has a way of 'course correcting', so any alterations to the original timeline may just be variations that still lead to a specific, important conclusion.

Did that make any sense? Cos I think I'm starting to get a fucking migraine, like.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    I'm certain he's not dead.

For one thing I read the description of the next episode unfortunately.

For another, the way Ben talks with Sayid off the Island and tells him he's a killer is heavily hinting at the fact that he knows Sayid shot him in his past.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    really like lost .

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Apparently, spoilers have been released confirming the true identity of Jacob, like.

Personally, I'm a gonna avoid them. This is central question which I'd rather see unfold than erupt.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    I only read spoilers for things that I have no intention of watching.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    pffm's Avatar -M- BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    LOL, and what about Ben Potter?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast