Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do traders cheat?

NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    you wouldn't need to survey the whole population........ just a small number and then calculate a percentage based off that... isn't that how they do any other survey... ??
    However i'll have to agree with Detale, it still wouldn't be feasible nor would it be accepted ......... it still would be interesting though
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    What fact are you quoting that most traders cheat? There is only an opinion on this not and study done, no stats on it. It's a little defamatory really. Without proof, I mean real proof to say that most traders are cheaters really isn't responsible.
    Agree
    Sorry for my bad English

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    you wouldn't need to survey the whole population........ just a small number and then calculate a percentage based off that... isn't that how they do any other survey... ??
    However i'll have to agree with Detale, it still wouldn't be feasible nor would it be accepted ......... it still would be interesting though
    That wouldn't even be accurate. There are several countries (no need to mention them and risk offending someone) which are renowned for having slow Internet speeds. Those countries will naturally have a higher percentage of users who are willing to cheat. It would have to be a global survey or none at all, but again, it's an impossibility.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Isn't being a trader bad enough?
    It's a fact that most of the traders cheat in order to get invites/buffers so they can trade them..

so odd and sad
    Why do traders cheat? Well, why do pirates cheat the entertainment industry?

You'll notice a particular rule every torrent site has to prevent them from facing prosecution: "You must have legal rights to the file you are uploading." Videos on youtube get taken down, but not on trackers.

Guess what, we're all cheaters, and thus, are scum to the entertainment industry. The cheaters YOU'RE referring to are the bastard child of piracy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    hoodeh's Avatar Magic Doctor
    Why do traders cheat?
    Well first off that's a question that can't be answered correctly, as it is not well put.
    I think what you're trying to say is
    "Why do SOME traders cheat?"
    or, depending on the percentage of traders that cheat,
    "Why do MOST traders cheat?"

Well there isn't much of an opinion to have about cheating. It's just wrong. It's bad and of course it pisses us all off, like the guy that robs a bank when you're working your ass off like everybody else.
    I guess there will always be people braking the rules. That's just how it goes. I think sherif 01 has a good opinion about that matter. It's best to just ignore the cheaters, I mean make sure they can't cheat but also not let it get to you in a negative way. Some things we just can't change, only improve.

Trading however is a whole different matter. I personnaly think it's wrong because it has this selfish thing to it. Like "I won't give you anything unless you give me something aswell". That's just not what file sharing is about.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhaze View Post
    Isn't being a trader bad enough?
    It's a fact that most of the traders cheat in order to get invites/buffers so they can trade them..

so odd and sad
    Why do traders cheat? Well, why do pirates cheat the entertainment industry?

You'll notice a particular rule every torrent site has to prevent them from facing prosecution: "You must have legal rights to the file you are uploading." Videos on youtube get taken down, but not on trackers.

Guess what, we're all cheaters, and thus, are scum to the entertainment industry. The cheaters YOU'RE referring to are the bastard child of piracy.
    If you knew what she was referring to, why not simply answer the question at hand then?

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

If you knew what she was referring to, why not simply answer the question at hand then?
    would u marry me?
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm a trader who doesn't cheat. Hell, I even have multiple accounts in many places, but I've never committed anything fraudulent and I've never cheated on my ratio.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Part of the package is what I meant. Entertainment industry comes with pirates which comes with cheaters. You can't build a city without prisons or cemetaries, just like trackers without warnings and bans.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    share for better
    cheaters and traders are two sides of the same coin
    how can ?

person A - doing some apps to skip script & fool tracker somehow to gain big ratio .......a cheater with biggg e-penis

person B - gets collect invites from friends,staff or by any other way & sell it to gain cash ...... a trader with big cash .

so for person B - it's not necessary to cheat always , may be to get invite he/she offered inviter seed box or may be helped some way & got confidence .

while person A - it's just to get enlargement operation to satisfy his/her ego , he don't gain any cash advance it that person B can gain .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast