Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitsoup aka needs to grow up

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Oh yeah, duh. Forgot about that. Maybe he won't be able to get back in. Unless he gets behind a proxy everytime he wants to jump onto the site.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Or unlesss he has dynamic IP. theres now way they can catch him if his Ip changes...is there???

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i would rather have "pay to watch boobs". That's how it's at demonoid and i don't mind it....ABP FTW!

edit: a monthly donation notification (if they are behind in donation) would be fine as well...but weekly erm.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 01-25-2009 at 01:42 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

Question Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Or unlesss he has dynamic IP. theres now way they can catch him if his Ip changes...is there???
    His IP range can be banned, but if staffs do that they might ban people from the same ISP as him which might have veterans of the community itself.

So they'll reconsider doing that or just CBA and do that.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoned View Post
    His IP range can be banned, but if staffs do that they might ban people from the same ISP as him which might have veterans of the community itself.

I think there's other ways to detect someone besides the IP range ban. I think even if you change your Ip address, you can be detected by the hostname. Not sure though.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    He shouldn't have been banned.

Bitsoup should go in to the begging game. They never stop asking for donations and constantly spam your inbox with pleas for money disguised as "special offers". Do they have no shame?

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoned View Post

I think there's other ways to detect someone besides the IP range ban. I think even if you change your Ip address, you can be detected by the hostname. Not sure though.
    Unless you're stupid enough not to clear your cache/cookies then it would be the only way.

I'm pretty affirmative of this, but I'm sure if I'm wrong someone can correct me.

Nobody is perfect after all, but you can be close to it if you want.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    I have to confirm this with someone. but I'm pretty sure that a hostname will get you detected also. Especially if you have previously been banned. Someone enlighten us the n00bs in here.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-25-2009 at 05:57 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Are you talking about detecting the hardware address of your PC/Mac?

I don't think the trackers will use such hardware resource intensive checks even if there was a way to do that.

Let's think, if you are a staff of a certain tracker and had 60,000 members.
    And usually there will be 20,000 of them browsing the site, do you think you will let your poor servers take so much information from each and every one of them?

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    edit: nvm i found out what i wanted to know.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-25-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast