Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Help this new kid out looking at my interests, which private trackers should I go for

pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That and he really is a cawk in "giving" (which I doubt) away accounts that people graciously gave him.
    Respect, man. Finally a mod here with enough sense to do what's right.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    @ pro: What do you propose to change in our 'system'? Because from my point of view it's fine.
    I beg to differ. I assert that the system here is rotten to the ground. Members here are allowed to have 10, 20 and 40 accounts. They trade/cheat/scam/flame on one account and then move to the next. They beg for invites on one account only to move to the next and trade them. Do you consider that to be "fine"?

And don't try to tell me you don't know about them. I'm sure you know about plenty of them, yet you choose to ignore the phenomena, since you (backed by the support of your superiors) don't consider it your business to interfere. According to you, it's the problem of your "other" members and tracker staffers to sort out all the crap that's left behind, which was facilitated by the platform you're providing (FST). That's the difference between our views: I do believe that if FST considers itself as an integral part of the community, and wants other to see it in the same way, then FST has to take action against such people. The ambivalent response most FST staffers usually express towards such occurrences encourages others to repeat these actions, and is surely among the reasons that deter staffers from FST.

Go to an exclusive invites forum, and you'll still find some rotten seeds.
    Don't even get me started on these so-called "exclusive" invite forums. If you were trying to make any point you just blew it.

Use judgement while inviting users and don't come crying if they havn't met your expectations, because inviting them was YOUR responsibility, not ours. It may not be morally right, but it's not our responsibility in the same sense as when a trader is scammed. You are in no way forced to fill anyone's requests, but while trading there is been a binding agreement behind what is given and received and we acknowledge this.
    I disagree. One of the major problem here is that you usually do nothing to prevent such occurrences. I believe that if you know that a guy has 10 accounts and is leeching invites from one account and trading them on the other then it is your duty, to the members of FST and to the entire community to take actions to make that stop. Why wouldn't you?

Why does one member, obviously lying to other members and hurting the trackers which we're all part of, get an amnesty from you? Why wouldn't you want to protect other, descent members? Why wouldn't you want to protect the community you're member of?
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i invited this guy to tehconnection.. i guess it's that acc he wanted to trade :/..this is it.. i'm never invite anyone ever again.

his trackername is capel6, expect to lose your accounts fucktard
    Last edited by danio; 02-11-2009 at 11:09 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    @Pro: all user's we find with multiple accounts get DP'ed, meaning they only have 1 account with access to the invites or trades forums. Your message seems to imply that if someone receives invites via giveaways, he his now not allowed to be trader. Being a trader is not exclusive, and they are still allowed to participate in giveaways and requests. Whether they are given invites is another story, and completely up to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Go to an exclusive invites forum, and you'll still find some rotten seeds.
    Don't even get me started on these so-called "exclusive" invite forums. If you were trying to make any point you just blew it.
    Umm what the hell are you talking about? My point is that you're gonna have to use your judgement wherever you go to find your invitees. You either read that wrong or you've completely lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    i invited this guy to tehconnection.. i guess it's that acc he wanted to trade :/..this is it.. i'm never invite anyone ever again.

this is it.. i'm never inviting anyone again. his trackername is capel6
    lol, did getting him 'globalled' not go according to plan or something?
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 02-11-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

lol, did getting him 'globalled' not go according to plan or something?
    lol.. i made a mistake when i edited the post..
    but no, i'd expect most of those accounts to be disabled by now, and i don't care if this is against your rules.. i warned him before i invited him that if he lied to me, he'd regret it..

i'm just lucky he was stupid enough to tell me what his fst nick was so that i could easily spot that he was trying to trade his TC acc. the stupidity some people show never stops to amaze me.
    Last edited by danio; 02-12-2009 at 02:01 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    Wow! this thread has really gotten wild. I posted earlier in this and was and am truly new. One person graciously gave me an invite to a site and another site, demonoid, I got from a friend i trade FB dvds with. And I have learned much. I can now, not see how a person can use so many sites, as in being members of so many...as it is all i can do to keep my ratio up, on one site to an acceptable rate...let alone multiple. The one invite I received, I won't mention, but thank you....and the 2 reasons I have not gotten on it, is it is the site is down a bit, trouble accessing it, but the biggest reason is I want to be able to start there when I am able to get my ratio up to what it needs to be so as not to reflect badly on the inviter. Would I like to be part of the better SCT and so forth? Yes, but not right now...I spent 1.5 wks getting my ratio up to par at demonoid....so this cat is resending what i originally posted for further invites. I can't see joining any others right now because I can't in good conscience put an inviter at risk of me not being able to maintain a certain ratio.
    And i am still trying out the Usenet thing..Hard to keep it and the torrent up..

But i learned earlier in this endeavor but even more so now, the sacredness of an invite...the inviter is putting their rep and their acct on the line for you...and it is very hard, for me at least even torrenting 24 hours a day, to keep ratio up at one site...let alone multiple. So I applaud those who are members of multiple sites, but no way can I do it and maintain ratio on all..just very difficult. So for any other newbies, try one site first and see how well you can manage it before getting a whole lot of invites and putting other folks accts in jeopardy. It is HARD!. And I understand now, why reading here, they say to start with the free sites, or lower echelon ones first. Makes sense, and thanks folks for your help and advice! I finally got my demonoid up to over 1 and haven't used it in a few days, just wanted that ratio up to protect my friend's invite..so thanks to everyone and hopefully this helps other new folks that are new to this stuff.
    Am sorry about all that has happened in this thread, I have lurked but been busy getting that ratio up and trying usenet...hopefully things will go up from here. thanks all...t

PS..this is not a plug for invites...just gratitude..i DON'T want any invites right now.. Hard to maintain what I have! I am just happy to be here and to learn at a slower pace than first anticipated from you all.
    Last edited by Twolf13; 02-12-2009 at 04:26 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    Rafa's Avatar ... BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-hel...02/postcount40 I saw right through him when he first opened the topic.I knew his intentions right away. I feel bad for the members in here who were made a fool of
    It's true, but instead of people being cautious, they preferred to call you haterzzz

People only learn through the harder way

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910