Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My full review of an OVH RPS purchased through seedplace.eu

TrackerDaddy's Avatar The Chief BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    That was my next question..thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by waeldiab View Post
    i have seed box from www.Seedcafe.info download speed&upload 11Mb/s.and not go under 11Mb/s
    Is that a dedicated or shared? And not sure why you get so much upload if they limit, even biggest shared is only 2TB

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    i have seed box from www.Seedcafe.info download speed&upload 11Mb/s.and not go under 11Mb/s
    Is that a dedicated or shared? And not sure why you get so much upload if they limit, even biggest shared is only 2TB
    dedicated

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post

dedicated
    Cool. I have been thinking of trying server.lu keyweb leaseweb etc, but they all have such pitiful specs in comparison, even if they deliver more for the cost :S

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    anybodys trial www.seedboxsale.com service i need seedbox cheep

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    CuraHack's Avatar Member
    I want to know what the cause was of the slow speeds and low uptime described in the review, and has anyone had a dedicated server at seedplace.eu ?

tnx

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by CuraHack View Post
    I want to know what the cause was of the slow speeds and low uptime described in the review, and has anyone had a dedicated server at seedplace.eu ?

tnx
    yes right now i have dedicated server at seedplace.eu

its very good

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CuraHack View Post

tnx
    OVH RPS is slow because it has no local HDD, it uses iSCSI which is NOT suited to torrenting. Basically, because the server has an extremely slow disk.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Sangelara

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by extr3m3 View Post
    waeldiab: wich package do you have?
    sc 2000

Hey waeldiab,

Very interesting... I have a question for you:

What kind of OS do you use at SeedCafe? What do you think is the best OS in general for Dedicated servers for seedboxes? Is it Ubuntu Server or Desktop? or something else? which version? TNX
    Last edited by Sangelara; 04-01-2010 at 02:31 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangelara View Post
    Hey waeldiab,

Very interesting... I have a question for you:

What kind of OS do you use at SeedCafe? What do you think is the best OS in general for Dedicated servers for seedboxes? Is it Ubuntu Server or Desktop? or something else? which version? TNX
    Not sure why he posted that in this thread, since the SC2000 is a server.lu box, NOT an OVH RPS...

But, Debian is what I use, so Ubuntu would be fine if you prefer that. And desktop version if you like, but most of the setup guides start from just server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12