Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What.cd or/and Waffles?

moksen's Avatar My Engish is bad :( BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    yes have problems for leechers but waffles is very good tracker

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    p0ster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoned View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lhnz View Post
    Not really. The What.CD log checker shows you a lot more about how well a FLAC rip has been made, and you can actually learn what you're doing wrong from reading the output... This is a lot more useful from a ripping education standpoint, and it also is not susceptible to human error.

There are a lot more albums on What.CD. There are currently more "albums" on What.CD than there are torrents on Waffles afaik. More than double the number of seeders/leechers too.

However, I'd say it's still quite cool to have both accounts, because as others say of course very occasionally you will find an album on Waffles that's not yet on What.CD, however this is getting rare.
    What's Beta Team indeed knows much more than the ordinary member.
    Guy's former waffles staff

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by tX View Post

What's Beta Team indeed knows much more than the ordinary member.
    Wait, what?

Waffles staffs must be kind of enraged since both trackers aren't on pretty good terms.

I remember back when What opened they were still alright with Wafles.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    [quote=Lovestoned;3123768]

Waffles staffs must be kind of enraged since both trackers aren't on pretty good terms.
    Really, i know they are not exactly as good friends as they were before, but i thought they are cool with eachother.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster

Wait, what?

lol, well, hmmm. There are a lot of ex-waffles staff on What (even WhatMan is technically ex-waffles)...

edit: sites tend to ignore eachother, but yes, threads like this really piss people off.
    Last edited by lhnz; 02-04-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: wanted to explain politics

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    stats:
    Torrents Waffles: 221,000
    Torrents What.cd: 400,000
    you left out an important part of that equation:

Members Waffles: 36,558
    Members What.cd: 83,706

they have less than half the number of members, but more than half the number of torrents.

also, doesn't waffles remove seedless torrents after one week, and what removes them after two weeks?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

No. What Lovestoned said is correct.
    Not really. The What.CD log checker shows you a lot more about how well a FLAC rip has been made, and you can actually learn what you're doing wrong from reading the output... This is a lot more useful from a ripping education standpoint, and it also is not susceptible to human error.

There are a lot more albums on What.CD. There are currently more "albums" on What.CD than there are torrents on Waffles afaik. More than double the number of seeders/leechers too.

However, I'd say it's still quite cool to have both accounts, because as others say of course very occasionally you will find an album on Waffles that's not yet on What.CD, however this is getting rare.
    that's nice except last time i checked, the log checker is not accurate.
    Last edited by piratebot; 02-04-2009 at 06:59 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by piratebot View Post

that's nice except last time i checked, the log checker is not accurate.
    ...check again. It's been in use for months and working for everybody else.
    Last edited by lhnz; 02-05-2009 at 08:04 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

Wait, what?

lol, well, hmmm. There are a lot of ex-waffles staff on What (even WhatMan is technically ex-waffles)...

edit: sites tend to ignore eachother, but yes, threads like this really piss people off.
    Well, I'm sure in your opinion you like how What does stuffs compared to Waffles.

In no way should anybody compare any trackers even if they can offer the same content.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    p0ster
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    stats:
    Torrents Waffles: 221,000
    Torrents What.cd: 400,000
    you left out an important part of that equation:

Members Waffles: 36,558
    Members What.cd: 83,706

they have less than half the number of members, but more than half the number of torrents.

also, doesn't waffles remove seedless torrents after one week, and what removes them after two weeks?
    So, does contribution per member really matter? Oh right, you're all "in it for the community"
    What's overall stats are better
    And before anyone says what stacks formats, what have more unique albums than waffles has total (or at least it still did a couple days ago, waffles homepage is not loading)
    Last edited by tX; 02-05-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast