Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What.cd or/and Waffles?

Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Im on both and think both are great. But the question asked do u need waffles if u have what the answer is no really, what has more torrents, leachers and seeders, so not only do u get more choice its much easier and quicker to get a buffer on. However if one of them does go down ever u will be happy if u have the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MjWoNeR View Post
    Are there stuff you can find in Waffles but not in What?
    U find waffle irons on waffles which is not on what, this is where some waffle iron staff members tell u if flacs have been perfectly been ripped or not, but the uploader has to submit there upload to the waffle iron team if they want this approal. However to counter this what has the log check thing now but dont know how accurate it is.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 02-03-2009 at 01:19 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    0control's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post
    U find waffle irons on waffles which is not on what, this is where some waffle iron staff members tell u if flacs have been perfectly been ripped or not, but the uploader has to submit there upload to the waffle iron team if they want this approal. However to counter this what has the log check thing now but dont know how accurate it is.
    Log files aren't 100% accurate, in some cases there might for instance have been some small read errors the computer haven't detected, which would result in a log that says everything is perfect.

So far I've got the impression (from this thread) that Waffles stand for more quality (regarding flacs) than What, am I right?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    [quote=0control;3122789]
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post

So far I've got the impression (from this thread) that Waffles stand for more quality (regarding flacs) than What, am I right?
    I wouldnt say this is a 100% accurate, yea waffles have waffle irons but they ONLY check flac rips, and its not like they check all flac rips, the uploader has to submit it to waffles irons before it does get checked.

Also id say waffles is more for old skool oink people. One other thing is id say i preffer the staff at waffles, and they also have a lot of good serious music articles to read.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 02-03-2009 at 03:03 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    well....as far as i've learnt, waffles gives out free waffles every sunday while What goes for pancakes...lol

though if you have one you don't need another...(i was on What.cd for a short time...and i was blown away with their collection)

but since i'm into more conventional and popular music..STmusic works just fine for me!
    Spoiler: Show

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    p0ster
    As far as I know, all waffle irons do are look at your log and check for things like EAC, cue, drive offset and cache

Which is what the what.cd logchecker does
    Last edited by tX; 02-03-2009 at 02:38 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    There are still tons of albums that aren't on What but are on Waffles. I use What unless I can't find the album/can't find the bitrate I want, and in some cases I find it on Waffles.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Rafa's Avatar ... BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by MjWoNeR View Post
    Are there stuff you can find in Waffles but not in What?
    Yes

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Waffles is better, i searched alot of pretty famous artists albums and what.cd didnt have them and there's not much seeders or leechers on what.cd thats why i usually get slow speeds. Waffles in my opinion is much better, it has a bigger selection apart from popular songs they have really rare ones too and the speeds are always good.

waffles > what

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    what.cd didnt have them and there's not much seeders or leechers on what.cd thats why i usually get slow speeds.
    waffles > what
    r u really on what.cd they have way many more seeders and leachers then waffles, there are nearly 3 times many users on what.cd.

at this moment

waffles 831,511 seeders, 19,728 leechers
    what 2,039,311 seeders, 50,384 leechers.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 02-03-2009 at 05:51 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    alcoholik's Avatar Drinker BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    they both are good, but i love waffles

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast