Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: how to join revolt ?

benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    funny how this thread is becoming a bit of a parallel between revolt and CFS.

in one sentence: it's a bitch when one site is hard to join, isn't it ?

is it ?
    Last edited by benficao; 02-04-2009 at 11:32 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I've been thinking a bit about this today and the thought occurred to my tiny brain what is the point of a closed forum ?

I mean isn't half the idea of a forum to hear other viewpoints?If everyone has to be quote like minded that sounds if nothing else incredibly boring.

Of course a place where most of you cawks aren't allowed admittedly does have a certain appeal.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Of course a place where most of you cawks aren't allowed admittedly does have a certain appeal.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    You are not missing a thing, it's a dead forum and only has around 6-8 torrents when someone requests something. Very elitist and stuck up, all hype really. I was recently banned for disabling a trader hunter here. I have heard it was due to me "supporting traders" but I haven't even heard a word from them basically because no one has the balls to come up front with it l
    So just to see if I got that right, Revolt was all good and the people were nice and down to earth when you were there, but now a few days after you got disabled the forums are suddenly dead, the site is nothing but hype and the members (some of which are still your friends) are elitists?

Honestly, I thought you were better than that, Detale.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale
    but I haven't even heard a word from them basically because no one has the balls to come up front with it
    Maybe the case is that they can't be bothered with child like behavior, we're only hearing your point of view here, how you got disabled, blah this blah that, as was mentioned earlier, They don't like Traders etc etc, and if someone is against what they believe in, surely they're not going to allow that person to sit round table with them, come on, and why should they have to explain to you or anyone else the reason for their action, they have members there that's been there from start, like 4 years, and there must be something they like about the place other words they wouldn't be there :-/

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyloves View Post
    They don't like Traders etc etc, and if someone is against what they believe in, surely they're not going to allow that person to sit round table with them
    what puzzles me though is, what was Detale doing there if they don't want to affiliate with anyone that supports trading?? After all that time they spent together, they decide to give him the boot?
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-05-2009 at 01:57 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyloves View Post
    wow, I see a lot of hate and good points about revolt.
    @detale, so you got disabled at revolt, live with it and stop spitting your dummy, time you stopped going round saying this that and other about staff and the running of the place, I know a few staff on there, even tho I'm not a member of place, I still have high regards for staff and members alike at revolt.
    As for the rest of you that never even been members there, get your facts right before you start dissing the place.
    Sorry, did you call me a dummy?? LOL Now lets be clear- I can and WILL say whatever the fuck I like. Whew, now that that's out of the way. It's not my business or concern how the place is run or who the staff is. I am still friends with alot of them. What is my concern is how disrespectfully I was treated and if I feel like bitching about it that's exactly what I'll do. I don't know you. You don't know me, so who are you to tell me what time it is? Unless you're System mind your business. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    Detale i think it only makes sense that a forum that is against torrent traders will ban someone who banned a trader hunter. ( i'm not trying to take part in the equation just staying neutral and this makes sense to me ).
    Not that I agree with it but fine. There site their rules, I'm all for it. I am complaining about how it was handled. If I ban someone they are welcome to come and try and dispute it or at very least I will give them a reason. I have banned many a trader hunter before but this guy must have had some tie to them. I was let in revolt a while ago and had a few debates there and everything so they know who I am and what I'm all about. I hid nothing. PirateEagle lied and tried to hide everything.

I don't always agree with all of FST's rules but they are the rules no matter what. Protecting my members is my first priority and if they come here and break the rules and go after our members then they get banned. I on the other hand had broken no rule or was even given a reason from people I held in high reguard prior to this.

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    by sleeping with Detale
    It didn't do you any good

Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    So just to see if I got that right, Revolt was all good and the people were nice and down to earth when you were there, but now a few days after you got disabled the forums are suddenly dead, the site is nothing but hype and the members (some of which are still your friends) are elitists?

Honestly, I thought you were better than that, Detale.
    Pro you're a good dude, Maybe I came across wrong so I'll try and explain better. Some of the members at revolt are cool as hell, so are most of the staff also. As I said I'm still friends with pretty much everybody there. The forums were dead a while back as I have been banned a month(maybe more) ago. In fairness maybe it was a slow time I dunno, but it was in fact dead for days with no new topics for around 2 weeks or so. Th elitist part well c'mon now man you know alot of those guys there are snooty as hell. Thinking they are above most everybody else. Even that maybe I'm a bit harsh but still the way this has been handled was waay inappropriate and is and will always be unacceptable. I was banned for doing my job a little too well. When someone gets caught breaking the rules on revolt they get banned right? Not only that but I gave the guy 3 chances to come forward and knock it off before he was banned it's not like it was without warning or out of the blue. They participated in an attemp to global ban me for a bullshit made up reason, and then didn't even have the decency to come forward and stand by their descision. Again unacceptable to me as i would never treat anyone like this and I know damn well neither would you Oh and before I forget you're a homo.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I've been thinking a bit about this today and the thought occurred to my tiny brain what is the point of a closed forum ?
    elitism. plain and simple.

I cant think of a better person to know what makes a cawk a cawk
    Go Leafs Go.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    C'mon D.. i wouldn't call it elitist. As sportyloves said above, you don't see members tagging on ego bars or bragging about sites and weird shit like that. It's just a group of people who've been around torrenting long enough, have what they want from all that, and long moved on to other things beyond 'can you spare me an invite brother'

What i like so much about being a member is that i can go months of idle, come back, enjoy great banter and conversation, and then drift off again without any sense that I can't be heard, or join in, to whatever convo is at hand when there. Revolt's hidden beauty is its longevity and the respect that is there to speak however intelligently or humourlessly as wanted.

As for all those others those bitching about how its a crap site, they probably weren't in at all, were booted out the day they got in for being an asshat, or just like to dismiss something because that's they way they are for anything they can't or don't have.

I know you felt an injustice. Maybe in time you'll get the answer you want. Till then, maybe you're asking too loud.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Tell you what K. I'll give on the elitism thing. You're another "goodie" so I'll listen

I guess my focus is more on System that the actual site. I mean it's not a jumping place or anything at least from what I saw there. But as I said most people there were cool and some of the staff are OK. Well I tried asking quietly, I tried PMing, I tried alot of things to get a simple answer. Now I guess I'll try this as well

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast