Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: how to join revolt ?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by josegavara View Post
    i think its time we stopped these recurring threads about revolt as they always descend into a flaming contest
    Fail to see the flaming except perhaps for albo.
    I did note this presumption though.

i've not been on here for about a year .
    i think its time we stopped these recurring threads

2. BitTorrent   -   #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Curbing the threads will just lead to more people guessing and wondering about revolt. This will just lead to more mis-information.

This is a forum for discussion, some of which can lead to usefull relevent information being posted to correct outdated rumors and ideas. I think revolt is surrounded by all sorts of mis-information, and correction/clarification through forums can only be a good thing.
    there is nothing knew being said in this thread, it has all been said before in this forum. i'm sure a quick search on "revolt" would prove this

3. BitTorrent   -   #123
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Yes, but would all those people who have misconceptions see those posts? I'd venture to say more then half of the posts in this section are reposts, some get differnet info/points of view, but basically its all the same old stuff.

My point is, why should revolt be treated special?

Let people post about it if they want, we're here to be social and post, not just search and read.

4. BitTorrent   -   #124
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    ....and here comes Capitan anti-social. Lighten up Artemis. You wont get many friends to like you if you behave this way in RL. Maybe in Revolt but not RL
    I like Artemis' posts. They are almost exclusively well thought out, blunt and unfettered by any social obligation to please a certain sect of the populous here at FST. Filled with clarity and an enlightened perspective they give me faith that there are some sane people in the BT world trying their best to share what they really think about how we all interact with each other.
    I like Artemis's material also. I was just joking with him earlier. I have had discussions with him in the past and he showed that he knows what he is talking about. Artemis is one of the few good users around here. He tries not to get involved in arguments and keeps his posting on an intellectual level and to the point, without trying to insult anyone.

I felt as he picked on earlier because we don't share the same BT prespective. I guess he aproached me some sarcasm and I returned the favor. That's all it was.

5. BitTorrent   -   #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Yes, but would all those people who have misconceptions see those posts? I'd venture to say more then half of the posts in this section are reposts, some get differnet info/points of view, but basically its all the same old stuff.

My point is, why should revolt be treated special?

Let people post about it if they want, we're here to be social and post, not just search and read.
    .......crickets...............

Unfortunately the ethos of this forum precludes me from limiting it to only those that share in my belief that a simple question always deserves a simple answer.

6. BitTorrent   -   #126
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Unfortunately the ethos of this forum precludes me from limiting it to only those that share in my belief that a simple question always deserves a simple answer.
    I am inebriated by the locquaciousness of your vituperation

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #127
    tanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #128
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiesel View Post
    said it before
    saying it again
    FST is fun
    yeah, tho some folks considering having an account here is a crine, FST is FUN
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

9. BitTorrent   -   #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

I am inebriated by the locquaciousness of your vituperation
    OK sorry for seeming flip but I thought that it was obvious that the first few posts that I made in this thread were merely intended to be funny .
    My knowledge of or interest in Revolt up to that point was minimal at best(until recently I thought that it had something to do with the tracker)

I think however that it's unreasonable for you to post that because I make a comment regarding josegavara's lack of grace you perceive me as being "bitter" but if I say something against say Albo da Kid it's acceptable and the thought of vituperation never crosses your mind .

It may be difficult for you to believe but the last couple of comments honestly had nothing to do with anything more than I thought that the poster's attitude deserved them and would have done the same regardless of whether if it was a noob or Saint Peter himself .

10. BitTorrent   -   #130
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    i've not been on here for about a year but i see nothing has changed. at revolt we are just like-minded people who like to talk an feel secure in a private secure forum. some have joined thinking we were something else or did not really get our ethos. i think its time we stopped these recurring threads about revolt as they always descend into a flaming contest
    oh wow what a surprise seeing you here!

watch out, i think you're growing a watermark

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Contrary to the people that say "just post good stuff, it will find you" this is bullshit. Sites like revolt or wheelmods, don't comb FST looking for possible users. The site's are perfectly content with their current userbase. No one is trying to be an elitist...
    oh trust me, they do. if it wasn't true then I wouldn't be on revolt. I joined from posted on FST, believe it or not.
    now imho it is best to get on IRC if you want on the really private sites (talking more private than FTN). that is the best way to make an impression to get on them. however, i let my account expire on a lot of those sites. I kind of got bored with the forum and felt like there was some underlining sexism or something. *shrugs* whatever it was I'm glad I get the option to pick and choose were I want to be. forcing yourself around is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    ....and here comes Capitan anti-social. Lighten up Artemis. You wont get many friends to like you if you behave this way in RL. Maybe in Revolt but not RL
    I like Artemis' posts. They are almost exclusively well thought out, blunt and unfettered by any social obligation to please a certain sect of the populous here at FST. Filled with clarity and an enlightened perspective they give me faith that there are some sane people in the BT world trying their best to share what they really think about how we all interact with each other.
    well said!