Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 Bandwidth

dude read the faq. there was a twat here last month bitching about people with "1" under their bandwidths. they are not setting it to that according to the faq. that's an estimate based on your bandwidth and speed you got off your last completed download or something like that. it's in the faq check it out.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by slick nick@16 September 2003 - 12:05
    dude read the faq. there was a twat here last month bitching about people with "1" under their bandwidths. they are not setting it to that according to the faq. that's an estimate based on your bandwidth and speed you got off your last completed download or something like that. it's in the faq check it out.
    1 bandwidth may ALSO be the result of people who have uploads set to unlimited in number at once. EACH upload would get only a fraction of 1 kilobit/sec (which is only 1/8th of a KB/sec&#33

There's also the remote possibility of hostile supernodes set up by RIAA/MPAA/BSA which are making it appear lots of people have crappy bandwidth. (the hostile supernodes EXIST, but what they can do is unknown...)

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    that may not be so far fetched (RIAA).... the speed seemed to drop since they started with the suits. i haven't seen a d/l of more than 800 since..... oh well

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by loz@15 September 2003 - 13:25
    patience
    Yes, have patience but I understand that u have a fast connection and u want to max it out all the time but don't we all. But just try to have patience.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ok Im a 56k user for the next few days ok so what do yu want me to do u/p at 4k?? so I can go at 1k??

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by Adster@17 September 2003 - 03:38
    ok Im a 56k user for the next few days ok so what do yu want me to do u/p at 4k?? so I can go at 1k??
    decided to go for the dsl with the cap eh? smart man. sure you'll only be allowed so much but it's more than you can dl on 56k.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@16 September 2003 - 21:38
    There's a setting in KL++ for upload bandwidth limits. Set it to the minimum normally allowed (above not sharing, that is) -- of 24 kilobits/sec (that's 3 KB/sec).

If that's too much, I think KL++'s configuration tool may let you set it even lower.

If that&#39;s still too much in that it causes you to only download at <1 KB/sec, don&#39;t share.

Only fools would even suggest using the &#39;unlimited&#39; upload bandwidth option for anything short of a fiber-based direct OC-2 connection, yet that&#39;s exactly what many do in an attempt to give back to the network they&#39;re taking from. Only problem with doing so is it causes really slow download speeds (at least when someone&#39;s downloading from you as fast as your connection can manage) and even slows down UPLOAD speeds for no net benefit.

If you really AREN&#39;T downloading a lot and not very often, it doesn&#39;t really matter if you don&#39;t share at all.

But I DON&#39;T want you to do something that wrecks your connection, risk more trouble with the law than you&#39;re willing to risk, or (even if it doesn&#39;t wreck your connection) to try to upload to 5+ people at a time on dial-up. Because it&#39;s nuts.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    There&#39;s a hack that lets you change it to 1, ask around someone must know it & yes it is better to do 1 than nothing (I give much more though )

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by loz@17 September 2003 - 14:11
    There&#39;s a hack that lets you change it to 1, ask around someone must know it & yes it is better to do 1 than nothing (I give much more though )
    Heh, that hack may even be based on my reg entry changes for upload bandwidth that I posted awhile back.

This one is for 2 KB/sec (16 kilobits/sec):

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER&#092;Software&#092;Kazaa&#092;Transfer]
    "UploadBandwidth"=dword:00000010

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    SWITECK &#33; ime coffused,are you saying that if my bandwith is set at unlimited it will slow down my d.l., ive had it set at unlimited for ever,and my d.l was fast,but now they are snale slow,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast