Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: whoah, does my connection blow?

harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    lol...i'm paying 5 bux a month for my shitty connection...
    Spoiler: Show

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    E3DaMeX's Avatar Da 2nd Boss
    $5?! o_O That's fricking 6 times more cheaper than what I pay and I thought mine was pretty cheap! =O On-topic, I'd say your download is really good (better than mine), but your upload speed kinda fails for the price you're paying imo; especially considering this is in the U.S. =)

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by llmercll View Post
    im paying around 45-50 a month. dollars, us dollars.
    I had an old modem like 5 years old. Got a new one and my upload went up, way up... Much cheaper now too... $35.00 bucks...

why in the hell did i quote that post.....
    Last edited by phrenzy; 02-08-2009 at 02:27 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    That seems about right for Time Warner Cable. When I had their standard package here (Maine) it was $44.95/month for 5Mbit/384Kbps. When I upgraded to the turbo package for an extra $10/month I had 10Mbps/1Mbps.

Now they've upgraded my turbo to 15Mbps/1Mbps. I'm pretty sure they increased the speeds for standard too but I'm not sure exactly what they are.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    rediculed BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i dont think your speeds are bad. i get about 1500kbps down/500kbps up. i pay 40 bux a month. im on a local isp due to the fact that i live in a very rural area and they are the only ones that service this area. i was originally on a 768/256 plan. then they upgraded everyone to 4/1 (for free of course). ive never seen those speeds though. the tech says its because im out so far (im right at the edge of service). dsl has that distance limitation or so ive been told. im happy with what i am getting though even though it would be nice to get the advertised speeds.

invite always be free. no trades. remember sharing is caring.
    bt rep should be abolished.
    life is about choices and consequences. you make your choices but remember only you have yourself to blame when you realize the consequences. personal experience taught me that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Switch to Optimum. 30/5 Mbps for only 45-50$ a month

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Malus View Post
    $5?! o_O That's fricking 6 times more cheaper than what I pay and I thought mine was pretty cheap! =O On-topic, I'd say your download is really good (better than mine), but your upload speed kinda fails for the price you're paying imo; especially considering this is in the U.S. =)
    lol....actually, i'm in India, and here you don't have much options the max possible connection speed available being 8mbps/8mbps with a 15 GB monthly cap...i know...sux BIGTIME...
    Spoiler: Show

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by harshytkage View Post
    lol....actually, i'm in India, and here you don't have much options the max possible connection speed available being 8mbps/8mbps with a 15 GB monthly cap...i know...sux BIGTIME...
    Look on the bright side, at least you can download a movie once every 2 days.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    Quote Originally Posted by harshytkage View Post

at least you have internet over there. you must be upper class or something.

india = death. literally. MURDAAAA

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by llmercll View Post
    at least you have internet over there. you must be upper class or something.

india = death. literally. MURDAAAA
    Umm.. WTF r u racist or was that a joke???

anywaz in india broadband is improving.. I have a 384kbps up and down connection and it takes me like 6 hours to download a 2 cd movie..

and
    I pay abt 20 dollars a month
    Last edited by manbearpig; 02-08-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast