Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The history and future of BT

BANNED BT Rep: +1
    2006 was indeed the best year for torrenting. I started to torrent myself that year, and the whole torrent thingie is constantly going downhill now in my opinion.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Any tracker will need something to balance the seedboxes and home users such as bcg's sp system or freeleech stuff. The private torrent population is still very small when compared with the pirate bay, so new users are always needed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoned View Post
    would try not to seed back to lower the chances of getting a letter
    That's also a new problem, all those stupid letters. Forces the people into private structures.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED
    because people are paying for seedboxes the whole notion of freesharing is gone. you pay2leech.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    vic's Avatar Poster
    I agree that because most of the people nowadays own a seeding box ruins the whole torrenting scene. The whole idea of not paying for your warez has gone to waste. The non ratio sites that were opened lately and sites that were transformed to non-ratio are the mutation of the old one and should bring back the fun to torrenting. I myself owned a seed box in the past but i didn't use it to become a seed whore but to fix my ratio and if i could also to be an uploader.

Seed whores is basically what i'm against and hate to see, if i were to be a mod at some torrent tracker i wouldn't allow that to happen. I heard of some sites that do not allow overseeding and even warn and disable users that do so because it doesn't allow other users to get to a 1:1 ratio.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I think the Bit Torrent scene is much improved by the increase in seedboxes. I remember the days when it may take a day or two (or even longer) to download a 700MB movie. Now I expect it to download in seconds.

Give me near-instantaneous gratification over patience any day!

edit: The future of torrenting is High Definition video. It will become normal for people to be downloading 4,8,12GB or even a full BluRay at 45GB for a single movie. x264/.mkv will take over. It's already begun.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 02-08-2009 at 11:26 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED
    some torrentsites indeed have like 1:1 or max 1:2, depending on the amount of seeders. Of course if there is a low amount of seeders and high amount of leechers this rule doesn't go.

They should make something like this in my opinion, on every tracker.....

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Aliyans's Avatar Came, Saw &Conquered BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    its all about building huge buffer, getting invites...showing ur huge buffer proofs, 1gb speed test etc... the basic of torrenting, sharing is out of scene.. only few people download for its actual purpose[to watch or listen or whatever its use]..

Weindians

SHARING IS CARING..

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by slammers View Post
    because people are paying for seedboxes the whole notion of freesharing is gone. you pay2leech.
    Agreed.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    edit: The future of torrenting is High Definition video. It will become normal for people to be downloading 4,8,12GB or even a full BluRay at 45GB for a single movie. x264/.mkv will take over. It's already begun.
    Surely that is the future of film not the future of torrenting.

personally i would rather download shit that size from newsgroups and i run a bloody tracker lol
    Last edited by stoi; 02-09-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast