Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Pc/machine Is Some Powerful Shit

Yeah that program is very reliable. Its good for trial and error and to figure something out before using on you main OS. I downloaded it but got wiped by accident

Its good for making tutorials such as fdisk and instaling OS's

To bad its got no 3D graphics support and takes a while to install an OS.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    No 3D? Did you install the extras into the guest after it was setup?
    VMware is a lot faster than VPC. You just need a lot more ram. I think by default, VMware gives a third to the guest or less if it's a lightweght OS. If you only have 300 or so, that will slow it down. 256 or less, forget it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Double Agent
    hey yeah balamm dude:

if I wanted to use remote desktop on my win2k3 from a remote terminal. how is it gonna work? I meant the os using the virtual network and all.

have you tried?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Double Agent
    ok i got the bridging thingy to work

the thing is i forgot to add the "virtual mac address" in my router, but now my router is fooled into thinking there is another real network card on the network.

my internet is back!!!!!!

i am happy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Double Agent
    ok now there is another problem, i can't get my window to run at full screen...

whenever I press full screen, the virtual computer shuts down for no good apparent reason.

balamm any thoughts?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    I've never used remote desktop. In fact I delete all reg keys and everything else associated with it on install of any OS.
    If you really need something like that, netmeeting is probably a more secure choice.

I was also just thinking, with win2k advanced server, you should be able to set up routing and network sharing, DNS, all that in the host to control guest networking. Your very own domain/forest.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Originally posted by balamn
    Have you collected the really cool stuff like beowolf, Byzantine, 2disk, win 1.1, etc? Get goin! those are what really make it fun.
    isnt beowolf a bit of a waste of time as you need to run specially made software to make it work as a cluster properly.

still i would like to test this app out even if its just to try out freebsd.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@15 September 2003 - 21:34
    ok now there is another problem, i can't get my window to run at full screen...

whenever I press full screen, the virtual computer shuts down for no good apparent reason.

balamm any thoughts?
    Got the extras installed? VGA drivers are included in that package for the full screen resolution. And check how much ram you have free.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by 4play+15 September 2003 - 21:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4play @ 15 September 2003 - 21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-balamn
    Have you collected the really cool stuff like beowolf, Byzantine, 2disk, win 1.1, etc? Get goin&#33; those are what really make it fun.
    isnt beowolf a bit of a waste of time as you need to run specially made software to make it work as a cluster properly.

still i would like to test this app out even if its just to try out freebsd. [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;d know more about that than I would lol. I haven&#39;t gotten nearly that far with any linux install yet. If I get an X display and working google, I&#39;m happy.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Double Agent
    yeah i did install the vmware tools and got the video drivers (weird thing is i can&#39;t install my own video card drivers).

however I can only run it at 800X600 otherwise I have to scroll around which can be a pain in the arse.

After my win2k3 enterprise with my win2k pro i got about 25 MB of RAM left...

is that a good thing?

I have 512 MB of RAM..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast