Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riaa Goes Wabbit Hunting

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I believe I know Canadian law a slight bit better than you, vader. I'm connected to a law firm around here.

Most of those cases were thrown out. Some (the fast-food-made-me-fat one) was thrown out multiple times.

You can take what is not yours. Generally it's considered theft.

If you've got a black box set up to nab satellite signals that you're not paying for, it is illegal. It's in section 29.8 of the Copyright Act. If you're copying it for private use, you're covered by section 80. Unless you're distributing, regardless if it's for the purpose of trade. If you're distributing, it's illegal.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yeah they are trying to crack down alot but I think they will eventually get tired of it and try to pass some bullshit law like they are doing now.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    sure you are, if you were you would know better. bla bla bla. being or not being connected to a law firm changes nothing . I know what I am talking about and no matter how many bitches like Sheila Copps there are my writes remain the same. Radio Communications act section 2 and 2-b and (7),Spend some more time reading and you'll find that higher laws prevail and that there is no way as an end user I can be affected. stop pipping your crap around and stirring up the scare pot. First you use each lawsuite to support your statement , then you say they were all thrown out. maybee you are connected to a law firm , you talk like a lawer- if it's so illegal to trap a signal then how come I been enjoying it for almost 8 years and never heard of anyone but Sheila Copps who gave a crap. I'll tell you why . If a law conflicts with another law then the higher law must prevail, in this case my writes in this country are greater than the writes of buisness. Sheila Copps was asked to leave the situation with sattelites alone by our government and stop pandering to American Broadcast companies, being reminded that she is not American . She did not ( likely because they paid her off) and the week Ernie Eves came in she was right back at it. But it has changed nothing. Go back to other kinds of laws cause you do not make any good argument's here. And although I already knew all this, I just spent 2-hours on line making sure what was true a year ago is still the same today, and it is. So go pay your cable bill and leave the rest to the best..........lol And yes sharing copywrited material is illegal but you don't have to be to informed to know that

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Living in England has never been so good.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    The RIAA is getting so much public relations backlash from those lawsuits that I wonder if they'll be stupid enough to do it again. Either way, they're losing money fast and I'm glad. Bastards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12