Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Exposing vs Reporting

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Right. The person should have some type of proof(like albo did) of the person they're accusing.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    albo, i was speaking in general about the rule to not accuse people in public, cause i can see a ton of scenarios were innocent users gets hurt if it was allowed.
    The thing is that even if the person is guilty the staff wont do anything about it because they require 100% proof. Meaning Ip matches etc...

In this case what more proof do you need. I had all the proof and the staff doesn't give a fuk about it. What more do they want?? Just because a certain user decided to defend himself by saying that he was hacked is enough proof for them??

Oh also this..Like another user said. "If your account would be hacked, wouldn't you do everything in your power to report it? He claims he just 'walked' away and started elsewhere"

And also like funkin said. If you have solid proof and you know for sure that the user is a scammer like in my case, then you don't need to worry about hurting that user's reputation because you are already sure.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-11-2009 at 11:56 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    obviously, staff don't give a flying fuck about protecting members and they disable your privs when you expose scammers in the only intention to warn people...
    so basically, if they don't want to "cooperate", i see no reason not to create dupe accounts to expose the bad apples when 'necessary' (scammers).
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    Even if I disagree with some things around from my personal experience they do care and can handle this kind of stuff fast. Maybe I was lucky
    Thanks for the answers
    Last edited by brightsid; 02-11-2009 at 06:35 PM.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh View Post
    people here do have a problem of assuming things. Like some actually believe that public giveaways aren't a security risk to the tracker. While it okay to show racism to traders. When in fact they both cause the same amount of security problems. What's even funnier is that anti-traders are condoning traders and most are to stupid to realize it. Because if you know it happens here, and your still here, only complaining your accepting that's it's okay even though you don't like it! HELLO!!!
    Hmmmm Pharaoh it seems you agenda these days is to inform people about your view on giveaways. We get it you don't need to litter every post in every thread on the subject. "Racism to traders" What the fuck are you talking about now? Go to your thread in the shite forum and answer not every other thread here. Consider this a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    obviously, staff don't give a flying fuck about protecting members and they disable your privs when you expose scammers in the only intention to warn people...
    so basically, if they don't want to "cooperate", i see no reason not to create dupe accounts to expose the bad apples when 'necessary' (scammers).
    We disable your privileges when you break the rules here just as any site would do. I know some of you think that exposing scammers is the way to go but I think what you mean to say is that you're exposing traders not scammers. Also you are now suggesting that people break the rules here. This is NOT OK

Scammer denotes a trader which I know you personally C are against so are you saying now that there is a soft spot for the traders which you have denounced many times. I'm sure not so I pretty sure you mean traders so then you're off a bit as well.

It seems alot of people think they are perfect and when they expose a scammer they are right. I have seen many a case when they are wrong and if that info was let out into gen pop it would have ruined the persons good name around here. We do require 100% proof if it were you being accused would YOU want us to be sure before banning you. OK then.

People say that the FST staff "doesn't care" blah blah. Can any of you say that I personally haven't gone out on a limb for any of you in trouble?? I have had more than a few attempted attacks for being as outspoken as I am on behalf of our members here and you still have the nerve to say we don't care. What a joke.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Am I against posting publicly? No, it can serve as a warning if reporting is taking too long (my opinion)
    Is it against the rules here to do this? Yes
    Should you be mad if you call some one out and get disabled / banned? No, you broke the rules, buy the ticket take the ride

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I have quite a bit to add to this whole issue, that i see where it's coming from.
    Actually, i was the one that passed the evidences to Albo, those ovisan pics.
    Those are real, accurate, and if you check the link provided by albo, you will notice that there were no breaks in the user activity there, and as you would imagine, a scam to be reported takes some days. those were instant, passing from a nice giveaway to a LOT of scams.
    i decided i would provide these screens to the staff here,before passing them to some users i befriend, and basically i was told in other words, to bug off, that they don't care at all what users do at other sites, it's their own business, as long as they don't do it here.
    no, there was no further will in investigating, and yes, it's not the first time i see documented scammers here get away nicely.

so, these are your rules, but allow me to say that this is the only site i know of that doesn't give a shit in the battle against that kind of people. It doesn't matter to me whatever you may say, but the fact is, you don't give a shit.
    and whoever doesn't give a shit about the scum of one of the worlds heavily represented at this forum (the BT community),then this site will always be a haven for those users. and down the drain goes the credibility of this site on many people's eyes.

edit:
    and for my experience, it's pretty useless going on crusades on any forum. Even when feel and we KNOW we are doing the right thing.
    because, in the end, we always find that the rules were invented having other agendas in mind.

just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-11-2009 at 07:33 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I guess exposing is better, but there are a few overzealous users here.
    E8400, 8800GT, 4GB, 226BW, 500WD + 640WD, Antec 900

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Albo was disabled by me for (repeatedly)breaking the rules plain and simple .
    I would and will do the same to anyone else who thinks that somehow while it is not OK to do it at other places it is somehow acceptable here.
    About the evidence :I don't even know what sites those are because believe it or not I don't cruise places looking for either invites or trouble(I have more than enough of the latter here to occupy my time )

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

so, these are your rules, but allow me to say that this is the only site i know of that doesn't give a shit in the battle against that kind of people. It doesn't matter to me whatever you may say, but the fact is, you don't give a shit.
    and whoever doesn't give a shit about the scum of one of the worlds heavily represented at this forum (the BT community),then this site will always be a haven for those users. and down the drain goes the credibility of this site on many people's eyes.

edit:
    and for my experience, it's pretty useless going on crusades on any forum. Even when feel and we KNOW we are doing the right thing.
    because, in the end, we always find that the rules were invented having other agendas in mind.

just my 2 cents
    More than 2.
    All I have to say is if there is some agenda other than trying to help to people and keep this place civil then I guess I missed the memo.

Cheats ,scammers and traders are bad OK I get it but as bad as they represent little threat to anyone honest.
    The ones (as in real life)who really worry me are the zealots and extremists who are willing to wrongly denounce their friends in the name of their cause.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Cheats ,scammers and traders are bad OK I get it but as bad as they represent little threat to anyone honest.
    You just broke your own rules. Cabalo gave you proof and you basically told him to go fuck himself and now you're justyfying it by saying that scammers aren't a big threat. You were supposed to ban the scammer until you found further proof. But instead you pet him on the back and decided to penalize me for "breaking the rules".

You didn't even bother to check him up. I guess only some rules apply to FST. The other ones aren't important because "scammers aren't a big threat to anyone anyway" according to you.

Instead of playing philosophy, why don't you start doing your job and respect your own rules first.

I also don't understand one thing about the Fst staffers. They do all this unfair shit and then they wonder why others think the way they do of Fst. It's not the traders and scammers who make fst look bad. It's the staff itself.
    You can't expect to go out of your way to shit on someone who is trying to help out just so you can protect another scum member who broke your forum's rules, and expect to be a respected community.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-11-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast