Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDBits - Any good?

About SDbits: do they provide subtitles with their releases like on HDbits? English is not my first language so I like to watch english movie with english subs.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Anyone can upload subs for any release I think. There is an add subs option.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    the site is for who don't much care quaility and likes compact file size,
    and of course love movies.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Anyone can upload subs for any release I think. There is an add subs option.
    That is good to know. I may try to join this tracker, thank you

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post
    Hi

I have HDBits, which is my favourite site, so I'm wondering if I should go after SDBits?

What do folk here, who are members there, think of it?

Cheers
    Go after it? There is a signup link in the HDBits forum trash for HDBits members to use. It should still work, and was working when I signed up at SDBits near the end of January. You need to be logged in for it to work.

I don't use SDBits much but I think I might be using it more now they are allowing TV stuff that has not been released on dvd.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    sd bits is part of my collection, sometimes you dont really need HD for a certain movie, and want to get it rather quickly. that or sometimes you are strapped for HDD space.

you can download dvd quality 1.5gig movies in about 25 minutes if you can d/l at 1mB/s

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    My main concern about x264/mkv files for SD content is that they are not compatible with standalone DVD players. XviD are more convenient in this way...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    Quote Originally Posted by PX-Magnant View Post
    My main concern about x264/mkv files for SD content is that they are not compatible with standalone DVD players. XviD are more convenient in this way...
    you and everyone else =p

that's the ONLY reason to EVER use xvid. compatibility

In the future though, hopefully at least, x264 will replace it, on standalone blu ray players alike. i cant see any other outcome....

also, if you have a laptop, and i think most people do nowadays (at least 1 in their house), you can just keep those x264 vids on the computer and hook the laptop up to the tv. that's what i do and it works wonderfully.
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 03-06-2009 at 05:00 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by fstalk View Post
    the site is for who don't much care quaility and likes compact file size,
    and of course love movies.
    in fact they're all about quality encodes > filesize...
    feels good, man

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by smcewa11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post
    Hi

I have HDBits, which is my favourite site, so I'm wondering if I should go after SDBits?

What do folk here, who are members there, think of it?

Cheers
    Go after it? There is a signup link in the HDBits forum trash for HDBits members to use. It should still work, and was working when I signed up at SDBits near the end of January. You need to be logged in for it to work.

I don't use SDBits much but I think I might be using it more now they are allowing TV stuff that has not been released on dvd.

Thanks for the info. That's how I signed up a couple of weeks ago. I did a search for SDBITS on HDBITS and found the link you are referring to which allowed me to sign-up with no invite.

I wasn't aware of this facility when I started this thread, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by PX-Magnant View Post
    My standalone player handles mkv/.x264 with ease (the popcorn hour). There's also the Western Digital HD player which works great.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 03-06-2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast