Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think About This...

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    This is a little more positive, it still says that there might be a boom but not that it is regular as clockwork.

I did a bit more of research as well and it appears that there are indications of this being a waning cycle in analyses made on the zircon and quartz layers.

Edit: And add this, the BBC documentary allegedly mainly used data from 1973 to make their prediction, Yellowstone erupted once albeit in smaller scale 160000 years ago, and another pretty brutal volcano has gone off 28 times the last 40000 years or so Lake Taupo, new Zeeland.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I'd say there's a fair chance of this not happening.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Well lets hope it's just some summer story for the press - you never know but they really start to report it on TV here lol odd.

Found another link:

http://www.volcanolive.com/volcanolive.html

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/yvo/monitoring.html

if people want more info. I don't want to make panic etc - it's just very interesting what kind of dangers are "around us"

3. Lounge   -   #23
    This stuff is cool, just don't worry to much until it happens, or at least everyone who knows about these things says it will happen, and I mean soon, not some foggy "in the next mumblemumble years". Don't know about the astereoid, though.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well there is no point paying for my life-insurance anymore.....Darker, when I look at the place for your avatar, I see, ban, unban,rename and apply. Is that Your avatar or a joke?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i saw a thing about the astaroid. the one thats closest to hitting us maybe in 2008, they were gonna nuke it but it might not work if its pouros

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Another observation btw, it appears that the magnitude of the reported threat is is proportional to the the distance of the reporters to the volcano.

BBC talks about nuclear winter and America coated in molten lava, whereas I see American sites recommending you to stock up on filter masks and emergency supplies.

Edit: that wouldn't work very well against a stream of lava or far-below-zero temperatures, now would it?

Edit: i don't look at any religious sites btw, American or otherwise, if it says "the end times" and goes on about the bible, then I avoid it.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I am at peace with GOD.....even though I still do not think I will be going to Heaven(or whatever people want to call it).

There are People who have passed that I want to see.....and if we are all going to die at the same time and nobody will be left anyway.....well I have no problem with that.

FC B)

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by nigel123@16 September 2003 - 21:19
    Well there is no point paying for my life-insurance anymore.....Darker, when I look at the place for your avatar, I see, ban, unban,rename and apply. Is that Your avatar or a joke?
    Its some avatar that my little brother uses He hangs out in a lot of forums and picked that one up one day

I linked that "joke avatar" to a "user banned" page and believe me a lot of people did try to click it

Btw. about that volcano stuff - I don't take it too serious but it's very interesting to see such things since normally people only talk about the NEO's (near earth objects) but it seems like such stuff is pretty scary too

9. Lounge   -   #29
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Yes i clicked it too. I tried to rename you K-lighter...

edit: about a year ago there was a warning about a possible collision. The calculations turned out to be a little inaccurate and the asteroid missed us by a few million kilometers. BUT that's still pretty close on a cosmic scale....

10. Lounge   -   #30
    we got all those nerds who are making plans to stop this vulcano

Right?? :'(

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast