Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam And Cs 1.6

Poster
    Now i COMPLETLY uninstalled Steam and i installed it again, but now when i open it, Steam doesnt show anything at all.... but is running, watch this...

(Wait for the pic to load&#33
    BUT STEAM DOESNT SHOW NOTHING ONSCREEN OR IN THE TASKBAR....

Help

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    Well im going to quit CS until CZ is released, I just hope that CZ doesnt use that "Steam" Bullshit, "no more CS for Cygnuz :'( "

Steam shure is the work of the

Steam and Valve....

3. Games   -   #13
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Well your welcome for the guide....Oh ummmm....ermmm

Counter-strike condition zero is kind of....sort of..... for... *cough* steam *cough*....

sorry I think its going to have to work with steam...not sure....

I would recommend you keep trying to get steam to work. Don't give up on counter-strike just because of steam. Don't let steam defeat you. Peace

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    everytime i install this shit, it just opens a window that says "updating STEAM" and when it closes after 2 min, NOTHING HAPPENS, nothing at all, i have uninstalled this over and over again, HOw did you make to get steam to work CadeLaguana, IM BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP!!!! :'(

5. Games   -   #15
    Well steam does take a few minutes to get up. Just keep trying the update thing. After the update thing is done go take a load off and see if the steam ever pops up. I know it was hell trying to get to the point I am now. Mess around with it. Keep launching it. Then after its launched go to monitor. Then once at monitor make sure all updates are done... BUT sometimes it will say no games updating...but then they will come up. After you get it done just keep it on monitor all night then when you wake up they should all be updated...well thats what I did...My games are all up to date, I can play them all. Takes a little eblow greese so mess round with it.

OHH and if you uninstall it, make sure you delete the steam folder and all of its contents then reinstall. Hope you get it working .

6. Games   -   #16
    Poster
    well well well, in steams beta mode everyone was telling me to shutup about how crap steam is, now look at you all! im glad to see you all aggree with me!.

Steam is still crap, and theres nothing we can do about it. seriously, there is absolutly NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!, there was even a patition made where over 18,000 people signed saying they want steam gone and they want thigs back to normal. but that didnt help so i guess nothing will.

steam is not a shit program if you have adsl or cable, its only a problem for dialup because the files are so big, i had to go to my local lan center to download it, then i had to pay 5$ for them to burn it on a cd for me!

be happy you cablers/adsl'ers can download it for free without hasles.

if you still having problems with adsl or cable then you mgiht have downloaded a currupt file, download accelerators and programs like GET RIGHT and so on CAN and mostly WILL currupt a file that is this size. so just download it normally.

use the link below, i dont know if u all know about it, but it contains the GCACHE FILES for halflife and cs1.6.

http://files.games.eftel.com/halflife/stea...mInstall_CS.exe

EDIT: CZ Will be running on steam i think, since there will be no more won authentication soon, how else are they going to run it ?.

and CZ IS CRAP ANYWAYS its the same as cs right now just with better quality models! THAT IS ALL!.

7. Games   -   #17
    First of all I don't think steam is crap. Second of all that petition contains tons of people that signed it twice. I doubt they count ips as only one. I bet 1 person signed it 20 times with different names, and if half the people did it, that makes a shitload of signs.....

Oh and what about people that didn't think steam sucked but signed anyway to tell people to shutup. Those count...even know the fools that like steam don't realise thier signing it. Out of 18,000 signitures I belive that less than 10,000 signed, not including those that signed twice, not including the fools that didnt mean to sign by flaming the petition...

I may be wrong but I know how those petitions go...

They arent going to flush a big project down the drain without it successeding...

Things will improve....Just have patients....I imagine over the next few updates steam will have all the kinks worked out.

8. Games   -   #18
    BANNED
    ah nj cade...i got steam workin

well i didnt have much of a problem...except i miss my binds...but thx for postin how...

well just wondering how u know this? since the cs steam uses is only a cache file, i didnt know u could make new folders the way u made em.... oh nm i just checked....but where are the maps? the cfgs? the "models"? oh well just wondering...

do u know if i put a .cfg file in the cstrike dir i can just run it with the command line in steam?

thx

DWk

9. Games   -   #19
    If you want your own custom maps its simple. Just make a folder in cstrike and name it "maps" then put all custom maps in there. It will read them and load them. As far as the .cfg file I'm not sure....

Oh and how I know this...well lets just say I know everything or

You can just say I know enough

10. Games   -   #20
    Poster
    More often than not, Steam will just run quietly in your taskbar doing nothing. Well actually, it's retying to connect to the steam servers which are incredibly busy at the moment. I remembered booting my computer up twice and had steam automatically connected at the start on both occasions, and for a moment I though the server connection got better. Steam ALWAYS seem to freeze for some reason, either hanging after trying to prepare a game or after u play a game and exit, it freezes as well. Now when you do ctrl-alt-del steam and try to reconnect it again, it will take you some luck for it to recconect.

But I have to say conditions are getting better, I'm actually playing CS 1.6 when I do get connected to steam. And I'm rpud to say Im a Riot shield whore

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast