Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TL staff not obeying their own rulles

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by horiZen View Post
    they should ban aiuera outright, i think TL staff/mods were to lenient but hey thats just my opinion
    I agree completely
    Can you feel the LOVE

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    their site they can ndo whateva dhtey want :ys:

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    They should bann whole invite tree, not just warning ..

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Torrenting>Sex BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    there are more 0-day trackers out there. just move on and stop whining.
    no shit like tl u wud get among avalanche of sites on fucking bittorent

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    we really should have the scumbag section, so that threads like this (and that one from the Pakistani guy that wanted bitmetv to sell warez to help kids lulz) would get their righteous place here.

this thread really disgusts me. After reading the OP's posts, i get that feeling that you should somehow be punished, not helped like TL people did.

scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    there are more 0-day trackers out there. just move on and stop whining.
    no shit like tl u wud get among avalanche of sites on fucking bittorent
    do you have a problem with me?
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-18-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ElGatonPirata's Avatar Alma Mater BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    FST staff should punish OP somehow, imho.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Most tracker staff view giveaways as being no better then trading. You said yourself you did a giveaway for rep. So maybe they saw that and thought, what if he does this with his invite to TL.

It sucks, but bottom line is its their tracker and having access is a privilage not a right.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Am suprised at you people.Sometimes its wiser to look at both sides of a story.you tell me,what tracker on the level that tl is at finds a dupe account,bans the dupe and lets the person keep the original???am even tempted to think the OP has a valid argument to make but his disappearing may cast aspersions to that or maybe you scared him .

The way i see it,if tl was sure that this guy had a dupe account he wouldn't have just lost both the accounts.His ip would obviously get banned too.So no its not that the staff are being nice,its just that whoever banned him did not have enough evidence to prove that he indeed owned the two accounts.so what does he do?warns the guy that he thinks owns the OPs account ,and goes to disable the alleged 2nd account,hoping his surface CSI plays well .

this guy may after all be innocent am not saying he is but just giving him the benefit of doubt...I hope you are not dumb and are not cowed by popular opinion go ask for your account back....probably the dude who got a warning already pmd staff wondering why he got warned..shit happens you know...shared IPs,dynamic IPs that quickly become shared,etcetc
    so stop this crap of 'a staff told me' tracker staff are not always right and clearly the way this case appears to have been handled proves that...
    go to irc.torrentleech.org:7011 #help
    if u have something to say you will be heard.the minority have their say,the majority their way..unless the real bosses are present some people just find it hard to admit guilt and your ship may have sailed already...i really love SCC staff

am not for the guy like you all are against him.just expressing what i think may have transpired.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Juscallmesez View Post
    Am suprised at you people.Sometimes its wiser to look at both sides of a story.you tell me,what tracker on the level that tl is at finds a dupe account,bans the dupe and lets the person keep the original???am even tempted to think the OP has a valid argument to make but his disappearing may cast aspersions to that or maybe you scared him .

The way i see it,if tl was sure that this guy had a dupe account he wouldn't have just lost both the accounts.His ip would obviously get banned too.So no its not that the staff are being nice,its just that whoever banned him did not have enough evidence to prove that he indeed owned the two accounts.so what does he do?warns the guy that he thinks owns the OPs account ,and goes to disable the alleged 2nd account,hoping his surface CSI plays well .

this guy may after all be innocent am not saying he is but just giving him the benefit of doubt...I hope you are not dumb and are not cowed by popular opinion go ask for your account back....probably the dude who got a warning already pmd staff wondering why he got warned..shit happens you know...shared IPs,dynamic IPs that quickly become shared,etcetc
    so stop this crap of 'a staff told me' tracker staff are not always right and clearly the way this case appears to have been handled proves that...
    go to irc.torrentleech.org:7011 #help
    if u have something to say you will be heard.the minority have their say,the majority their way..unless the real bosses are present some people just find it hard to admit guilt and your ship may have sailed already...i really love SCC staff

am not for the guy like you all are against him.just expressing what i think may have transpired.
    No.. I like the way I said it better...
    Just kidding!
    Never thought about the IP thing before, but its true. Even my IP changes once and a while, and will change if I hook up another device to my modem with a different mac address. Who's to say that my new IP hasn't been used for tracker X before?

If this was the case, I'd think staff could look at other things, like seeding history, client used, times usually browsing the site, browser used, etc to rule out this possibility.

Now weather they want to take the time to do this is another question, but I think it should be possible to debunk the dupe account theory using this method.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    No.. I like the way I said it better...
    Just kidding!
    Never thought about the IP thing before, but its true. Even my IP changes once and a while, and will change if I hook up another device to my modem with a different mac address. Who's to say that my new IP hasn't been used for tracker X before?

If this was the case, I'd think staff could look at other things, like seeding history, client used, times usually browsing the site, browser used, etc to rule out this possibility.

Now weather they want to take the time to do this is another question, but I think it should be possible to debunk the dupe account theory using this method.
    how about people are lazy..if they did there wont be a ban and a warning it would have been a ban and a ban..or maybe they did and had nothing on him so they went with surface CSI hence the results....
    No wonder on a particular tracker you get the option of restrict session to this ip on the login page,meaning they know shit happens..Using login IP as evidence to ban an account is lazy and crude IMO,..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast