Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Some Music News

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Less than an hour for this thread to be hijacked...impressive

2. Music   -   #12
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    I was gonna ask that they take it into the lounge....but now I'm thinking maybe they should consider getting a room?

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
    © Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.

3. Music   -   #13
    Ella's Avatar Upside down
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@18 September 2003 - 19:24
    I was gonna ask that they take it into the lounge....but now I'm thinking maybe they should consider getting a room?

Pass.
    Up Yours! Love from The Club....

4. Music   -   #14
    but I'm too speciall , you cant just say "pass" to this hunk

5. Music   -   #15
    Back on topic:

NO MORE TICKETS FOR GLASTONBURY - EVER!

Within two years GLASTONBURY could be completely ticketless in an attempt to crack down on the touting and Internet sales that have plagued recent events, NME.COM can reveal.

Last year’s festival sold out in record time but within hours unscrupulous fans were auctioning off their tickets at a massive profit. Since then, Michael Eavis has been looking at ways of preventing it happening in the long-term.

Speaking exclusively to NME.COM, he said he wanted to introduce an airline style ticketing system, ultimately running Glastonbury "without any tickets at all".

"What we’re trying to do is run the event how it is with airports," he said. "There’s new technology which means you don’t have tickets. You go to the counter, give your reference number and credit card and then you get checked in. The ultimate thing is to run the show without tickets so you don’t get the touts and all that jiggery pokery. It all gets done at the front of house. That’s our ultimate solution."

If not in place next year, Eavissaid by 2005 the system would be full effect.

Bands are now being booked for next year’s festival. Eavis said that there are "still three bands going for the main Saturday headline slot", which are rumoured to include Paul McCartney andOasis.

Bosses are also looking at ways for students to get priority ticket access when they finally go on sale.

6. Music   -   #16
    IN THE PINK!

It's been confirmed that PINK's third album will be called ‘TRY THIS' and will feature collaborations with PEACHES and RANCID.

The album, out November 10, is a follow-up to the massive selling 'M!ssundaztood'. The majority of the songs were co-written by Pink and Tim Armstrong of Rancid, the tracks reportedly giving the album a much rockier feel. Long-time collaborator Linda Perry (ex-4 Non Blondes) and Beck also pick up writing credits.

As previously revealed on NME.COM, the album features a collaboration with Peaches, 'Oh My God'.

The tracklisting runs:

‘Trouble’
    ‘God Is A DJ’
    ‘Last To Know’
    ‘Tonight’s The Night’
    ‘Oh My God’
    ‘Catch Me While I’m Sleeping’
    ‘Waiting For Love’
    ‘Save My Life’
    ‘Try Too Hard’
    ‘Humble Neighbourhoods’
    ‘Walk Away’
    ‘Unwind’
    ‘Love Song’
    ‘Feel Good Time’
    ‘Hooker’

Pink’s first single from the album, 'Trouble', is released on October 27.

7. Music   -   #17
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    The tracklisting runs:

‘God Is A DJ’
    A bit of a rip-off of Faithless, no?

8. Music   -   #18
    Inevitable's Avatar Poster
    why would avril say that to fans that look up to her?? weird......

9. Music   -   #19
    old school
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@18 September 2003 - 10:44
    IN THE PINK!

It's been confirmed that PINK's third album will be called ‘TRY THIS' and will feature collaborations with PEACHES and RANCID.

The album, out November 10, is a follow-up to the massive selling 'M!ssundaztood'. The majority of the songs were co-written by Pink and Tim Armstrong of Rancid, the tracks reportedly giving the album a much rockier feel. Long-time collaborator Linda Perry (ex-4 Non Blondes) and Beck also pick up writing credits.

As previously revealed on NME.COM, the album features a collaboration with Peaches, 'Oh My God'.

The tracklisting runs:

‘Trouble’
    ‘God Is A DJ’
    ‘Last To Know’
    ‘Tonight’s The Night’
    ‘Oh My God’
    ‘Catch Me While I’m Sleeping’
    ‘Waiting For Love’
    ‘Save My Life’
    ‘Try Too Hard’
    ‘Humble Neighbourhoods’
    ‘Walk Away’
    ‘Unwind’
    ‘Love Song’
    ‘Feel Good Time’
    ‘Hooker’

Pink’s first single from the album, 'Trouble', is released on October 27.
    Tim Armstrong? score!
    guess I'll be a P!NK fan november 10th
    or most likely before that, hopefully thanks to jibbler

10. Music   -   #20
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Prince Coming Back...Starting In Australia...

PRINCE will launch a comeback with a world tour starting in Melbourne.
    The master of funk, pop and rock, will perform at Rod Laver Arena on October 21.

And in a coup for fans, 45-year-old Prince will perform his greatest hits before retiring those songs forever.

His major hits include 1999, Let's Go Crazy, When Doves Cry, Kiss and Purple Rain.

Prince last toured Australia in 1992, playing sell-out shows at the then National Tennis Centre and a secret gig at The Palace.

He swanned about town with two hired models, Diamond and Pearl, constantly at his side.

"When I'm on stage, the audience has come into my room," he said at the time. "What I want to do is create excitement and provoke people as much as I can."

Many critics have urged Prince to go back to basics and the Melbourne show will attract worldwide attention.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast