Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jsut read the news on waffles about OVH server alert

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    [quote=puckface;3151213]
    Quote Originally Posted by iam1337 View Post

show me one for 30 bucks
    Kimi L , 24 quid.

new update from waffles:

OVH has activated secondary root level access to their servers. In the best interest of security, it is advisable to remove this access by editing /root/.ssh/authorized_keys2 and removing the lines that start with:
    from="213.186.50.100"
    from="::ffff:213.186.50.100"

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsert View Post
    Ban OVH servers...i hope SCT does the same..Torrentworld needs to remove seedboxes out...
    I would agre with that all seedbox providers should ban people who use them for bittorrents

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    TS.org
    I see Waffles is up with the times and have made themselves look very foolish in my opinion with this "announcement" of theres.

Its common knowledge about these authorized_keys2 and OVH themselves have it on there own site on how to remove them http://help.ovh.com/InstallOvhKey.
    Also it isnt that hard to change your SSH port to something completely different from the port 22 it usually is.
    Last edited by Ev0; 03-02-2009 at 01:14 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    cuck's Avatar Appz.FAN BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Ban OVH servers...i hope SCT does the same..Torrentworld needs to remove seedboxes out...
    Thats imposbile ..

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Pixel's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Its common knowledge about these authorized_keys2 and OVH themselves have it on there own site on how to remove them http://help.ovh.com/InstallOvhKey.
    Also it isnt that hard to change your SSH port to something completely different from the port 22 it usually is.
    I was thinking the same thing. OVH having the key in their boxes is nothing new, it's been like that for a while. Also every guide you find to helping you setup an OVH box has you delete the key first before starting anything else.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post

What a stupid thing to say.
    Why ? Everybody uses 1Gbit boxes what is your home connection ?
    No not everyone.

And people's home connections are usually very shit, hence the 'need' to invest in a box to keep torrents running throughout the day at high speed, and share more data for the good of the community (whichever one it may be).

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niņo Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel View Post
    Also every guide you find to helping you setup an OVH box has you delete the key first before starting anything else.
    Yeah !

from
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-see...nubuntu-281331
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Been with OVH for a year now.. was known then..

Next news update from Waffles probably will be that Piratebay is going to court

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    EL REY's Avatar Haha....You Slow BT Rep: +3

Question Mark

Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Hosting IE does this too btw. But theirs is easy to remove.
    Is that true?

And, of so, how can it be removed?

By the way, I have a box bcuz my home connection isn't great; especially on the upload.

So, for one to say ban all seedboxes is just stupid. There are some people who do need them.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by EL REY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Hosting IE does this too btw. But theirs is easy to remove.
    Is that true?

And, of so, how can it be removed?

By the way, I have a box bcuz my home connection isn't great; especially on the upload.

So, for one to say ban all seedboxes is just stupid. There are some people who do need them.

They don't do it the same way OVH does... its not ssh auth keys, if you access you Hosting-IE box via FTP and enable hidden files and root around a bit. They have themselves a hidden backdoor somewhere... sorry I foregt where its been a long time since I have looked at it, anyway I removed it and that should take care of it, as well as changing the root password of course.
    Last edited by puckface; 03-05-2009 at 07:51 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123