Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the point of Warez forums when you use bittorrent?

Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Good luck getting 6 months old stuff or older on torrent trackers. Warez boards usually have very old stuff and you don't have to worry about seeders. You always get max speed

I have a few torrent trackers and also usenet and I was not able to find a HD rip of a movie I was looking for. It was released in 2007. But I did find it on a warez board.

Most trackers are really only great for 0-day stuff. Warez boards have both new and old stuff.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ^^^ It really does depend on the tracker. While most 0-day trackers don't have the greatest retention there's more than a few that keep stuff seeded we'll past 6 months. Both rapidshare and bt are great sources of getting pirated goods and they compliment each other well.
    See ya in another life, brother.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Torrenting>Sex BT Rep: +2
    Awesome for appz and older stuff!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan20021982 View Post
    there the best for apps IMO
    but watch out for trojans and stuff
    . You're more likely to find REAL trojans on public tracker then warez forums.

Also there is no 'seed back' ratio but it's nice to share.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 03-03-2009 at 08:10 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Both rapidshare and bt are great sources of getting pirated goods and they compliment each other well.
    Totally agreed.

And yeah, I've downloaded a TON of shit from WBB and other forums over the past year or so since I got into warez forums, and I haven't came across one single virus. Perhaps that happened a lot years ago, but I doubt it's as common nowadays.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I've downloaded a TON of shit from WBB and other forums over the past year or so since I got into warez forums, and I haven't came across one single virus. Perhaps that happened a lot years ago, but I doubt it's as common nowadays.
    So true, as long as you download from trusted sources there shouldn't be an excuse.

Obviously you download download from Release Blog comments

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I use them mainly for appz and older things you can't find/request on trackers.

There are some very good ones out there.
    Can you feel the LOVE

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    They are both handy in their own ways. I find that BT is good for most things, but when it comes to older content (particularly movies), ebooks, appz and the occasional album warez are better. The best part about warez is that you can max out your speed on alder content whose speed on a tracker would be abysmal.
    Last edited by Cradle; 03-03-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12