Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: question, invites in TL

Really? I haven't gotten an invite for months now. I have a ratio of 1.2 with over 200gigs up, but I just figured they stopped handing out invites because they hit the cap and after the DDoS they got hit with a while back. Do I have to ask for invites?
    Last edited by iceman0113; 03-11-2009 at 05:24 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    That rule is BS...don't believe that crap. It has been there for quite a while. I am not sure how invites are distributed, but if you are a PU; theres a good chance you will get one within a couple of weeks.

Honestly, to the thread starter, I think your friend is lying to you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i get one almost immediately after i invite someone.
    i usually up a little more than 500Gb there per month, and i think it's related to the amount you send per month.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    im a member 8 weeks now at Tl.Ive got 1 invite so farIve upped 85 and dwn 5.Someone told me before that if you are a power user with a ratio above 2.0, one invite is giving to you per month on the 28th I think.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman0113 View Post
    They recently changed their rules. I was reading it over and they said that only VIPs are allowed to get invites now. Meaning, you have to donate 40 euros for 2 invites or so. PUs no longer get invites, unless they really feel like giving them out.

How do i get invites

Only vip uses get invites when we choose to distribute them
    They hand out Invites to PU`s every so often i have a 2TB buffer on TL so im guessing that might be a reason why i get them

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    when I became a VIP there I got 4 invites, but the system automatically took 2 away.. guess they dont want people with a bunch of invites. but it seems like whenever I use my last invite, i have 2 more like a month later. not sure on the logistics of the system tho?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Obviously PUs get invites too. The only question is how high a ratio + recent volume of traffic is required. Bayern got 1 with 85gb over 2 months. They probably also do it on a tiered system:

1) VIP
    2) PU with 2x + 1TB traffic last 30 days
    3) PU with 2x + 100gb
    4) PU with 2x + 50gb

If anyone didn't receive an invite, just try raising your ratio + monthly traffic and see what happens. Plus it looks like each tier has a max number of invites allowed in your queue (VIPs 2-4, PUs 1).

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    The best way to get an invite is to go to TL's IRC chat room. Do not go in there asking for invites though. You will get kicked. Talk in the channel and make friends. Maybe one will invite you or you can wait till one of the mods get drunk and starts passing them out. It really isn't that hard just have to be patient. If you don't know their IRC, Google it!
    Last edited by mr_serv_on; 03-13-2009 at 02:01 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    UnGodly's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The best way to get an invite is to go to one of the open staff recruitment threads (on other torrent forums) where you just PM ratio proof and they send you an invite to TL

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    did any of you read the thread at all?
    the talk is about how do current users get invites...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234