Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evenescene

Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by nanotek+26 September 2003 - 19:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nanotek @ 26 September 2003 - 19:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@26 September 2003 - 15:21
    ever heard of guano apes? not sure if their european but they are very much like evanescence.
    correct me if i&#39;m wrong but they are propably from germany [/b][/quote]
    Yep they are from germany

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. Music   -   #12
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@26 September 2003 - 15:21
    ever heard of guano apes? not sure if their european but they are very much like evanescence.
    ehh well I just downloaded a few of thier songs and they don&#39;t sound much like Evanescence at all. The Guano Apes&#39; are popy and Evanescence is defined as Gothic Rock. Quite a difference you see. I almost hurled and threw up when I heard the Guano Ape song, "Open Your Eyes". Some good songs by Evanesence are Haunted and Going Under and that&#39;s just a few. Now Evanescence did put one or two songs in their album, Fallen, that might not be defined as rock. But if you listen to the lyrics to every song on Fallen then you definitly see a difference.

I still want to know the name of this European band that was mentioned.

3. Music   -   #13
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Maybe he meant "After Forever"
    or
    "Within Temptation"
    or
    "The Gathering"
    or something like that?

4. Music   -   #14
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Lacuna Coil - Goth Metal - Same style of music as Evanescence, only with 2 singers - 1 male, 1 female who sings a bit better and more dramatically than Amy. The guitar work is also superior. Though I do like Evanescence.

5. Music   -   #15
    Ella's Avatar Upside down
    I don&#39;t think the singer sounds anything like Tori Amos&#33;&#33; :-"
    Up Yours! Love from The Club....

6. Music   -   #16
    Originally posted by razorsharp013@26 September 2003 - 23:41
    Lacuna Coil - Goth Metal - Same style of music as Evanescence, only with 2 singers - 1 male, 1 female who sings a bit better and more dramatically than Amy.&nbsp; The guitar work is also superior.&nbsp; Though I do like Evanescence.
    Good point. It is Gothic Metal. That&#39;s a little more precise I&#39;m gonnah check out that band thanks. What&#39;s a good song by them?

7. Music   -   #17
    I just listened to Heaven&#39;s a lie by Lacuna Coil. Now they sound kindah like Evanescence. The only difference is that they have two lead singers that sound different. Thanks for mentioning this band. Are they any other good song&#39;s by them?

8. Music   -   #18
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by Ella@27 September 2003 - 10:00
    I don&#39;t think the singer sounds anything like Tori Amos&#33;&#33; :-"
    agree&#39;s there...

Tori Amos sounds like a strung cat...and how dare she cover slayer and nirvana they had to up there with the most pathetic covers of all time...and least she would of had something if she released cornflake girl *a nice one hit wonder*...now she is just nothing...

9. Music   -   #19
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    lol yes tori covering slayer was funny

10. Music   -   #20
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Originally posted by Daecilius@26 September 2003 - 23:23
    I just listened to Heaven&#39;s a lie by Lacuna Coil. Now they sound kindah like Evanescence. The only difference is that they have two lead singers Thanks for mentioning this band. Are they any other good song&#39;s by them?
    I very happy you enjoyed their music&#33; Every now and then I have my moments.
    I would recommend anything off of "Coma Lies" and the following list:

Heir of a Dying Day
    Purify
    Senzafine..........................Which is at least partly in Italian.
    To Live is to Hide
    When a Dead Man Walks

Also, I would highly recommend seeing them live if you ever get the chance. I saw them a few weeks ago opening for Type O Negative and they were simple awesome&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast