Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: F*N requests

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    yes there is like 36h
    used to be 48 hours at least, not any more, however, if you didnt seed back to at least 90% something and stop seeding b4 the 48th hour, that very torrent will be high-lighted in you torrent history, so it wont make you look good if you have many of them like that.
    seeding time to up to every1's good will, so show the world that you have it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    dedro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by johhn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    yes there is like 36h
    used to be 48 hours at least, not any more, however, if you didnt seed back to at least 90% something and stop seeding b4 the 48th hour, that very torrent will be high-lighted in you torrent history, so it wont make you look good if you have many of them like that.
    good will is underrated

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by dedro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johhn View Post
    good will is underrated
    As you might know, people on F*N don't want to lose an acc because of hit'n'run. So they keep seeding torrent for as long as possible

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by b3owulf View Post

As you might know, people on F*N don't want to lose an acc because of hit'n'run. So they keep seeding torrent for as long as possible
    If that was only true...

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b3owulf View Post

If that was only true...
    as a matter of fact lots of users have seedboxes... seed back fast and after a day or 2 delete the torrent but you can req a reseed that's okay

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Mutu's Avatar tė dua BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    f*n still accept new users ?
    i mean users over there have invites ?
    The greatest risk in life is not taking one..

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutu View Post
    f*n still accept new users ?
    i mean users over there have invites ?
    the invites where always open depends who staff picked also the lucky ones who donated the last week for the servers got invites.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster
    Everyone knows the answer to OP's question, but something I would like to know is, if there was no WTAW, would people still be so hectic about joining F*N? Probably not.

The only reason I would want to join F*N would be to make my already long e-penis even longer...
    in terms of content there's nothing in particular, or so it seems at least.
    If you're a member of a 0day tracker then you can probably get everything that the users at F*N gets.

Sure it has no ratio, perfect place for hit n' runners.
    Or more like "Seed 48 hours then delete the torrent" is what everyone thinks.
    I saw a member on bitGAMER describe the hype about BCG and it made me laugh, it felt so right.
    It can probably be applied to the hype about F*N as well.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying BCG is a *bad* tracker, I just find it annoying the way everyone thinks it's some sort of Utopian society where limitless fountains of games spring up between the rivers of seeders and the trees made out of chocolate, where every account comes with a free kitten and where all gamers who follow the True Path of the Black Cat and are loyal to him until his return will be brought up into Gamer Heaven for all eternity - a place where computers never need upgrading, consoles come factory-shipped with modchips, and you have all the bandwidth you can fit on your 100 petabyte RAID arrays.
    Last edited by Tomtetrollet; 03-12-2009 at 05:58 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomtetrollet View Post
    Everyone knows the answer to OP's question, but something I would like to know is, if there was no WTAW, would people still be so hectic about joining F*N? Probably not.

The only reason I would want to join F*N would be to make my already long e-penis even longer...
    in terms of content there's nothing in particular, or so it seems at least.
    If you're a member of a 0day tracker then you can probably get everything that the users at F*N gets.

Sure it has no ratio, perfect place for hit n' runners.
    Or more like "Seed 48 hours then delete the torrent" is what everyone thinks.
    I saw a member on bitGAMER describe the hype about BCG and it made me laugh, it felt so right.
    It can probably be applied to the hype about F*N as well.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying BCG is a *bad* tracker, I just find it annoying the way everyone thinks it's some sort of Utopian society where limitless fountains of games spring up between the rivers of seeders and the trees made out of chocolate, where every account comes with a free kitten and where all gamers who follow the True Path of the Black Cat and are loyal to him until his return will be brought up into Gamer Heaven for all eternity - a place where computers never need upgrading, consoles come factory-shipped with modchips, and you have all the bandwidth you can fit on your 100 petabyte RAID arrays.
    That is a pretty bad example. You're saying FTN is hyped because its rare then compare it to BCG. Well, BCG has not always been rare, and Stoi has gone out of his way multiple times (even recently) to try and lower the rarity of his tracker, from open signups to mass referrals to him opening threads saying Post here for a chance to get in!

Hype doesn't spawn from nothing, and most times, theres a reason for it. FTN is unique, and seems to be ahead of the game when it comes to how they manage their tracker.

BCG has been hyped because it is a good games tracker. They have a very active community, no lack of leechers, even on older stuff. Requests are filled quickly. It is very very very easy to maintain a good ratio, even when getting very old torrents that still exist on the tracker due to dedicated seeders like myself (with no seedbox to boot).

Are there other trackers that offer some of these perks? Sure, but BCG and FTN deserve their hype, as they live up to it IMO. And by hype, I mean perks, bonus's, and tracker systems, not rumor and speculation by non-members.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    Rumour and speculation by non members are what makes FTN and BCG and other places like that so highly wanted.

When BcG took away all our referrals, the amount of trades that went for it, looking fo high level only.
    FTN seem to live off the hype. Most people who post here arent members (including me) but most people have heard its brilliant, its a great community blah blah, bittorrent isnt about the communities for trackers, its about the filesharing. if you want communities go find a community, if you want to download stuff, seed it for 48 hours and then feck off, go join up to SITR or demonoid. most people that I know of even on the likes of GFT keep their stuff seeding. No ratio was their original claim to fame, that was why I wanted in originally, because my net is throttled, but now that theres other 0day sites out there with no ratio, I dont need it really anymore, because all it takes is one and to cross seed on my other sites to make them useable too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast