Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I live without Newsleecher and SuperSearch??

hi all,

I've been using giganews and the free newsleecher and supersearch account thats tied to it since i began using newsgroups.

Recently i have got an astraweb account, with a view to cancel my giganews if Astraweb proves to be ok. $30/month is getting a bit too much to justify these days!!

But in doing so, i will lose my "free" Newsleecher and SS.

Now i'm considering dropping newsleecher if i can find another news client i like, but more importantly if i can do without supersearch.

I have used SS religiously with very little time spent on nzb sites etc, and have found it very easy to use and have got most things i want.

But. I have noticed the search only goes back 370 days, which isn't going right up to the retention on my news server.

anyway, i suppose i'm looking for your views on me finding what i want without supersearch, or should i stick with it?

I mainly download HD movies, some xvids, the odd tv series and more recently i'm looking for lossless music (flac etc) for which the supersearch has been pretty valuable.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Why don't you just grab the cracked version of Newsleecher with SS like the rest of us do

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Solariz View Post
    Why don't you just grab the cracked version of Newsleecher with SS like the rest of us do
    Hi Solariz,

thought of this when i first started years ago, but if my memory serves me right the supersearch was problematic back then with cracked versions.

secondly, i've always been a bit dubious about downlaoding software from newsgroups (probably down to paranoia of viruses et, and having to spend time trawling through crap)

but now you've mentioned it, i've just looked for an NZB and it seems quite a few people have been happy with it.

I'll give it a go hey??

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I dont see why not.
    I believe I am using the one that is about a 170days old....shouldn't go wrong

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Thanks again Solariz,

i've taken your advice,

be a day or 2 tho before i get round to setting it up,

thanks for the heads up!!

hope Astraweb don't let me down now!!

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Alt.Binz does everything Newsleecher does and more.

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Alt.Binz does everything Newsleecher does and more.
    Do you use the 0.25 version or did you manage to get your hands on one of the latest releases?

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I've used a cracked .28 for a while.

The Alt.Binz homepage has said for some time now that "ALL" of the cracked versions have viruses but I don't buy that for a second. I've dealt with the Alt.Binz staff before and they remind me of the cookie-cutter, fuckwit tracker staffers.
    Last edited by Skiz; 03-29-2010 at 09:24 PM.

yo

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Whats better on the latest releases? I could never get the search to work on altbinz so I gave up.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by w1zardboy View Post

secondly, i've always been a bit dubious about downlaoding software from newsgroups (probably down to paranoia of viruses et, and having to spend time trawling through crap)

If you join #alt.binaries.warez or #gotnzb4u on EFNet, you can verify using the ID number.

eg. 12104 is Newsleecher.v3.9.Beta2.WinALL.CRACKED- NGEN

There are other networks but I don't think they have IRC channels.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    Whats better on the latest releases? I could never get the search to work on altbinz so I gave up.
    http://www.altbinz.net/index.php?page=vhistory
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast