Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Is Great for Gamers, Forget XP or Vista, Says Microsoft

Poster
    I seriusly hope that these rumors or news about win7 is right... i'm so tried of vista and xp.. I thinking about buying a mac ;D

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Can games that were designed for XP be played on Windows 7?

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Can games that were designed for XP be played on Windows 7?
    Why would n't they be ? Most games are based on older engines like Halflife or Rage that would be fine or in some cases play better because of new technology like DirectX 11 or Ragdoll physics , or better yet new hardware drivers be they tweaked or hardware specific .

Respawn , you brought up the only valid point on this whole site , can I play my game ? . So many phoneys bragging about how they have the new Win 7 Beta and not telling us if certain programs work . I saw one lame post about how DAEMON Tools was 'nt supported and laffed my bag off . Use UltraIso then smart asses . Oh well try yourself and then judge , kepping in mind its Beta . I had trouble with a onboard lan that was n't supported but inserted my mobo disk and bob's your uncle .
    Last edited by peat moss; 03-17-2009 at 05:43 AM.

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    "Says Microsoft"

Didn't they say that Vista was going to be a true "Gaming OS"

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    "Says Microsoft"

Remember HALO 2 Vista Only? lolz

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    "Says Microsoft"

vista is a game

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Why would n't they be ? Most games are based on older engines like Halflife or Rage that would be fine or in some cases play better because of new technology like DirectX 11 or Ragdoll physics , or better yet new hardware drivers be they tweaked or hardware specific .
    Alright, thank you. I've never really played PC games before, because one, I have a crappy PC, and two, I've known consoles all of my life. I plan on trying them out though with a new computer soon, hopefully running Windows 7 when it gets released.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Alright, thank you. I've never really played PC games before, because one, I have a crappy PC, and two, I've known consoles all of my life. I plan on trying them out though with a new computer soon, hopefully running Windows 7 when it gets released.
    not far from where im aiming at, i plan to build a computer soon, and the time couldn't have been better for them to release this new os. one of the things i liked the most was the fact that it used lower resources than vista itself, not that it doesn't use any.

but i still doubt on how will they play their cards this time, not that i want to curse win7 but wasn't xp just like this when it was launched? new, innovative and the best m$ os ever?
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    Of course Microsoft would say that about windows 7. They want people to buy the new OS when it comes out and they aren't going to say windows XP is better than windows 7 for gamers. We will never know if what Microsoft is saying is true until we see windows 7.

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    So what if it plays games better than XP, I have the beta as well and gaming aside I can't stand all the "change for change sake" crap they did to the GUI. I can't find anything, common tasks are rearranged or renamed in a way that puts a learning curve up your A. CTRL+ALT+DEL anyone? don't expect to find task manager right away, ADD/REMOVE Programs anyone? renamed to some obsure reference. Just the fact that the left pane of Windows Explorer doesn't seem to know what the right pane is doing really ticks me off, at least in XP when you were somewhere on the right the left was right with you and there was at least a half opened folder to hint to where you were. I know. we'll change the + sign next to tree view folders to a triangle, that ought to make the masses happy.

Microsoft is run by a bunch of morons that wouldn't know their A from a Hole in the ground. So, play games really good? get the F out of my face you morons. Win 7 sucks cause its based on an OS that sucked, not one that has wide acceptance. Thats where they made their mistake, they can't let go of that crappy Vista and its goping to cost them dearly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast