Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kimsufi L box keeps getting disk overload issue

yeah even with his settings....when it goes over like 6 mb/s....i will get that error?
    are you saying thats normal? thats really bad..

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Well, I have a L from outy's but I don't get nor a disk overload, nor an error when downloading.

The point is that when it finishes out a piece, it has to do a hascheck to see if it corresponds to the hash value from the .torrent file, thus consuming both CPU and reads the disk. Disk caching basically reduces the last step.

What I've done is set in the advanced options of µTorrent net.low_cpu to true, thus decreasing that CPU consumption. It still takes the load to high 3's.

And lastly I've set the cache to 256 MB and deselected 'write out finished pieces immediately'.

When it uploads data, it doesn't check anything, that's the responsability of the client that gets that data, so it shouldn't be a load on the CPU.

From my tests done in the field, I've seen that setting download speed to about 6 MB/s keeps the load lower and leaves space for uploading also. Downloading at 11MB/s reduces upload to about 500 - 1024KB/s because the processor is swamped with hash routines.

Whoever has a XL from Kimsufi should detail us how it works with a 3 Ghz processor. Or 2.8Ghz. I have no idea what is now the higher option [outy's and kimsufi's site show different things now, most likely K changed their server offer].
    Last edited by redguard; 03-17-2009 at 08:34 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I also get this but only on very fast downloads, uploads are fine.

I get it even more with newsgroups as the download rate is sustained.

I just used alt.binz to get pass this, as it downloads to temp it then makes the files after its finished

I just limited the download and set the cache to 256 as mentioned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12