Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratio Boosting Torrents

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

As for TB, any TV pack would be a ratio booster since they're all free. Although if a person really needs help boosting their ratio on sites like TB, IPT, TL, RevTT, etc...then you should upgrade your ISP to at least DSL.
    Not funny imo. Just cause you live in a country where internet is relatively cheap doesn't mean other do.

Anyway, back on topic:
    Wheelman PAL XBOX360-REV0

Doing great at RevoTT atm.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    why the hell did you unstick the freeleech thread ? it was way more helpful than this one imo...
    The answer:

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    As said above, this thread gets bumped enough to keep it in the top threads, and when it's right at the top you'll know there's a new freeleech going on, instead of having it permanently stickied to the top, which is kind of redundant. You can always subscribe to it as well, as noted.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    @cinephilia:
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post

(Due to support from this thread, we're gonna try out a "ratio boosters" thread, to help people get their ratio's up on certain trackers. This will be stickied for a few days as a trial, and then it goes as plans, it will get enough activity to keep itself alive without the sticky in place)
    About the freeleech thread, it should get enough activity to stay in the first few pages. If unstickying it becomes a problem we can always sticky it again so don't worry about that. And it's purely coincidental that this thread got sticky-ed right after the other ones got taken down.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 03-19-2009 at 02:29 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Would just like to mention PTN's Birthday... ...all the bday packs are 4 or 5x gold and double upload.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i don't see how this helps...

IMO every user should know (or at least should be able to figure out) what type of content is popular in a given tracker.

furthermore, they should also know how to short out leecher/seeder column (almost all trackers have this feature). It is instant...can short of torrents based on leecher number the very moment...that little click is way faster than coming to FST and checking on this thread.

P.S. majority tracker have guide on ratio for newbies (totally different thing than this but imo it is far better and informative)...there is no need for ratio boosting in several trackers (this thread is pretty much worthless for those trackers)...some have sticky torrent which are pretty popular...some have specific category which are pretty popular, say rosub category in romanian tracker...some have permanent freeleech on certain category (user would locate them way faster in browse page then in this thread).

i can see how this might be useful for big trackers like waff, cd but that's about it.

edit: If a tracker is big then ratio shoudn't be hard to maintain, regardless of your speed (well unless it's like 5 kB/s).
    Last edited by squirr3l; 03-21-2009 at 11:54 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    i don't see how this helps...

IMO every user should know (or at least should be able to figure out) what type of content is popular in a given tracker.

furthermore, they should also know how to short out leecher/seeder column (almost all trackers have this feature). It is instant...can short of torrents based on leecher number the very moment...that little click is way faster than coming to FST and checking on this thread.

P.S. majority tracker have guide on ratio for newbies (totally different thing than this but imo it is far better and informative)...there is no need for ratio boosting in several trackers (this thread is pretty much worthless for those trackers)...some have sticky torrent which are pretty popular...some have specific category which are pretty popular, say rosub category in romanian tracker...some have permanent freeleech on certain category (user would locate them way faster in browse page then in this thread).

i can see how this might be useful for big trackers like waff, cd but that's about it.

edit: If a tracker is big then ratio shoudn't be hard to maintain, regardless of your speed (well unless it's like 5 kB/s).
    the user coll. skills asked for this thread to be created and mentioned SDbits, promoting SDbits it looks like to me, but im slightly Pessimistic about most things. link: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-eve...orrents-342395
    Last edited by Alien5; 03-22-2009 at 12:20 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    squirr3l, you really think it's faster to sort through torrents on a tracker than come here and click a sticky? I don't

Instead of searching through trackers, they could simply check this thread (or do both). Some people might not have the time to browse for a good investment. They would also need to be VERY in touch with the scene. When TV shows come out, when movies come out, EXACTLY when. it's all about timing, if you are late on something, you could miss out on a lot of seeding. this is especially true for the big trackers, like you said. BitmeTV comes to mind, If you are 30 minutes late on a show you lose out on a lot, 12 hours late? forget it. And how many people keep track of all the popular scene releases? I don't know exactly when heroes, house, and lost come on, but someone does and they could save a lot of people a lot of work, and open up opportunities for those that would otherwise miss it. Since this site has so much traffic, that could impact the total peers on a particular torrent.

On the other hand you could say yeah, it should be every members responsibility to know whats hot and what scene release will be uploaded today. Or just search for what has the most leechers (which can be unreliable, and if you are a n00b, can mean a certain ban). You could also say the freeleech thread isn't necessary. A good member would check in on his trackers, notice the freeleech, and take advantage. Honestly they both aren't needed, but can be very helpful with a simple click. That's just how I see it.

The scene releases don't even include the 50 GB freeleech torrents on sites like dare I say it? SDBits (no I wasn't trying to promote them lol). That got me 10GB on a 50kbps upload. on a seedbox? shit you could have made 50 GB from one torrent, easily, on a site that's really hard to seed. That also doesn't include releases that come out BEFORE they are meant to. Like the resident evil release or screeners.

It's just convenient and helpful IMO, and what, taking up a sticky spot? I think that's a small price to pay if it helps even 1 member. People may or may not disagree with me, I mean no offense nor to start a flame war.

Nonetheless, it seems like this thread isn't so popular with the users, so might as well just take her down =/
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 03-22-2009 at 03:03 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    freeleech isnt as great as it sounds either, it only means freeleech no free hit n run.

to find out what day of the week heroes, house or lost etc. comes out, go to: http://eztv.it

use the slider on the top left of the page to see whats on today, or click callender just above that to see whats on each day of the week.

then go to your tracker check the tv show to see what time it was released last week, then compare that to the release times from previous weeks. then estimate the time the tv show may get released.

im not saying this thread was a bad idea, might be really popular, you never know.
    Last edited by Alien5; 03-22-2009 at 06:36 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    @squirrel: I can see this being useful for big releases aka 12gig games, dvdrs, etc. People with seedboxes who want to ratiowhore on there sites could come here for ideas that they might not have had before. Probably won't be useful for alot of users (myself included) but I wouldn't call it useless either.

edit: anyways I unsticked the thread so time will tell if it catches on or not
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 03-22-2009 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    MusicVids:
    Ennio Morricone - Arena Concerto [2003]

Code:
    details.php?id=68242

Size 4.14 GB

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast