Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Xp Takes Ages To Shutdown

Poster
    This looks a fun topic.

My Xp takes no longer then 20 seconds to shutdown.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Forum Star
    about 30sec here too, and shn just because you "Denounced Membership 09/17/2003" doesnt mean you need to talk shit

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Has this become a topic of "How Long It Takes For Your Xp to Shutdown."?

Really though, who cares how long it takes your xp to shutdown. Besides other things Ive only seen a few people that have offered a solution to the topic starters problem or a reason why it may be happening.

Everyone else is boasting about how fast their box shuts down............big deal.
    But how long does it take for you boasters to stfu? 15 seconds, 10 or maybe youll shut the hell up right now..........that would be super!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by shn@21 September 2003 - 00:28

Really though, who cares blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

..... .....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@21 September 2003 - 01:28

Really though, who cares how long it takes your xp to shutdown. Besides other things Ive only seen a few people that have offered a solution to the topic starters problem or a reason why it may be happening.

Everyone else is boasting about how fast their box shuts down............big deal.
    But how long does it take for you boasters to stfu? 15 seconds, 10 or maybe youll shut the hell up right now..........that would be super!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by shn+ 21 September 2003 - 00:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn &#064; 21 September 2003 - 00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Has this become a topic of "How Long It Takes For Your Xp to Shutdown."?[/b]

Yes, since you said:-

<!--QuoteBegin-shn
    @ 20 September 2003 - 22:51
    Take a newly installed version xp that has just been installed and shut it down. It will shutdown just like that in a snap.

Now take a version of xp that you have all your favorite apps and settings on and try shutting it down, it will take a long time. Computers running xp seem to shut down faster when they dont have hardly any other programs installed. But by the time you put the service packs, applications, etc. on it it takes a while to shut down.

If you cant wait that long then just hold your finger on the power on button like you said before and it will shutdown instantly. Unless your working on a document or project that you didnt save, its not gonna hurt your pc or o.s. to turn it off like that.
    [/quote]

No-one&#39;s boasting. They&#39;re just pointing out that you&#39;re talking crap.

On topic. To speed up shutdown, and XP on the whole, disable all non essential services. Goto - blackviper&#39;s site.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by LTJBukem+20 September 2003 - 18:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem @ 20 September 2003 - 18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@ 21 September 2003 - 00:28
    Yes, since you said:-

<!--QuoteBegin-shn
    @ 20 September 2003 - 22:51
    Take a newly installed version xp that has just been installed and shut it down. It will shutdown just like that in a snap.

Now take a version of xp that you have all your favorite apps and settings on and try shutting it down, it will take a long time. Computers running xp seem to shut down faster when they dont have hardly any other programs installed. But by the time you put the service packs, applications, etc. on it it takes a while to shut down.

If you cant wait that long then just hold your finger on the power on button like you said before and it will shutdown instantly. Unless your working on a document or project that you didnt save, its not gonna hurt your pc or o.s. to turn it off like that.
    No-one&#39;s boasting. They&#39;re just pointing out that you&#39;re talking crap.

On topic. To speed up shutdown, and XP on the whole, disable all non essential services. Goto - blackviper&#39;s site. [/b][/quote]
    Furst of all you cant disable services like antivirus, web server, ftp, and other services that you need.

The reason I made the analogy before is because a newly installed system with none of those services on it will shut down a lot quicker. The antivirus service alone will delay any computer from shutting down quickly, now add that to about 15 other services that some people, unlike you, do need and youll have to wait for those services to be shut down accordingly.

And the fact of the matter is I could care less. I havent shut my main computer down in about a month and most of the times go longer than that before its even shutdown.

What are you trying to conserve energy or something by shutting your computer down every night? Are you that broke? I dont even shut down my boxes enough to give the type of time frames that it takes for my boxes to shutdown like you people are giving.

Do you sit there with a stopwatch?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Forum Star
    Do you sit there with a stopwatch?&nbsp;
    no, but we dont sit and give bad advice either. we&#39;re saying how long it takes to shutdown so that he can recognise something might be wrong and get it sorted - and not by just "holding down the power button" as you suggested on the first page. have you given up on the forum altogether, as i see that as well as your member title your also posting crack links now as well

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Image removed

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by shn@21 September 2003 - 01:04

even your pics dont work, dumbass

edit - and i&#39;d rather see the red x than that, you sick fuck

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast