Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is It Time To Give Up On Kazaa?

Why is it that discussions here quickly degenerate into attacks at persons themselves lately?

I haven't used K++ for months now for the simple reason that I can get my files quicker through other means (Bittorrent and DC++)

I think more and more people are coming to that conclusion and will turn to other p2p-sharing methods.

Is Kazaa dead? No, it still is the biggest p2p-network around.

Is Kazaa dying? Probably not, because it still is the easiest p2p around so it will keep attracting newbies/schoolkids/housewifes etc.

Does Kazaa need a radical upgrade? Most definitely so. Better hashing, partial sharing etc. have been implemented by other programs to great succes. Kazaa has been superseded many times over technology-wise.
    Even Darwin knew that those who don't adapt, will eventually become extinct.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Kazaa isn't dead.... yet!

But it will be unless Sharman addresses the fact that the file hashing isn't sophisticated enough to stop corrupted files being merged with genuine files during multi-source downloads.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Oh shut up.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    teqguy,if you don't like K++ don't use it .(again) I don't understand the sense of this topic.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    n00b
    Originally posted by teqguy+21 September 2003 - 19:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (teqguy @ 21 September 2003 - 19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@20 September 2003 - 23:32
    well here we go again teqguy this is not the right place for this post, second why is it that i keep seeing you talk crap about klite and still here and using it, you don&#39;t like it good day, either come up with a better one,&nbsp; use it and deal with it or beat it, are you not tierd of naging yet?? every single post i have seen from you on this forum is a nag about klite and how it can&#39;t do this and can&#39;t read that and can&#39;t connect to this and can&#39;t read that bla bla bla bla wtf&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; either do something about it or hush up damn nager
    MUSLEMAN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I am entitled to the right to post whatever I want, as long as it&#39;s not offensive, vulgar, or racist.

Stop responding to EVERY thread. You get status on this forum not by how many posts you&#39;ve made, but the QUALITY of the post.

You don&#39;t have a brain in that head, do you?

After years of contribution to the file sharing community, I think I have the right to criticize what I want to criticize. If you don&#39;t like it, YOU LEAVE. All you do is follow me and harass me because I&#39;m smarter than you&#39;ll ever be.

Give it a rest you loser. [/b][/quote]
    Is "Musleman" supposed to be "Muscleman"? AND is "nager" supposed to be "nagger"?
    If so, I&#39;m afraid Tegguy could have a good argument about the intelligence of Moosleman..... Or maybe he just cant spell&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    LOL thanks Mark.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I&#39;ll start using Klite again when they incorporate public proxies into their network.
    Proud member of MDS

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    BANNED
    Originally posted by mark cuerton+24 September 2003 - 17:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mark cuerton &#064; 24 September 2003 - 17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by teqguy@21 September 2003 - 19:31
    <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN
    @20 September 2003 - 23:32
    well here we go again teqguy this is not the right place for this post, second why is it that i keep seeing you talk crap about klite and still here and using it, you don&#39;t like it good day, either come up with a better one, use it and deal with it or beat it, are you not tierd of naging yet?? every single post i have seen from you on this forum is a nag about klite and how it can&#39;t do this and can&#39;t read that and can&#39;t connect to this and can&#39;t read that bla bla bla bla wtf&#33;&#33;&#33; either do something about it or hush up damn nager

MUSLEMAN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I am entitled to the right to post whatever I want, as long as it&#39;s not offensive, vulgar, or racist.

Stop responding to EVERY thread. You get status on this forum not by how many posts you&#39;ve made, but the QUALITY of the post.

You don&#39;t have a brain in that head, do you?

After years of contribution to the file sharing community, I think I have the right to criticize what I want to criticize. If you don&#39;t like it, YOU LEAVE. All you do is follow me and harass me because I&#39;m smarter than you&#39;ll ever be.

Give it a rest you loser.
    Is "Musleman" supposed to be "Muscleman"? AND is "nager" supposed to be "nagger"?
    If so, I&#39;m afraid Tegguy could have a good argument about the intelligence of Moosleman..... Or maybe he just cant spell&#33; [/b][/quote]
    and you must be very smart with the nagguy to judge a book by its cover, gosh i wish i could be like you so smart and sharp and thanks for letting me know how muscleman is spelled since i didn&#39;t know or is it because you think you are smart but realy are stupid and there is a reason why muscleman is spelled musleman?? hummm well you are so smart i will let you and the nagguy figure it out

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    n00b
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@26 September 2003 - 00:07

If so, I&#39;m afraid Tegguy could have a good argument about the intelligence of Moosleman..... Or maybe he just cant spell&#33;

and you must be very smart with the nagguy to judge a book by its cover, gosh i wish i could be like you so smart and sharp and thanks for letting me know how muscleman is spelled since i didn&#39;t know or is it because you think you are smart but realy are stupid and there is a reason why muscleman is spelled musleman?? hummm well you are so smart i will let you and the nagguy figure it out
    [/quote]
    Sorry Musleman. Is that, Mus-le-man?
    Wow you&#39;ve got me there&#33; I&#39;ve never been any good at cryptic. I don&#39;t know how I&#39;ll sleep tonight now.

On second thoughts......I&#39;m off to bed&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    n00b
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@26 September 2003 - 00:07

[/quote]
    Sorry Musleman. Is that, Mus-le-man?
    Wow you&#39;ve got me there&#33; I&#39;ve never been any good at cryptic. I don&#39;t know how I&#39;ll sleep tonight now.

On second thoughts......I&#39;m off to bed&#33;

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast