Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Often Do You Buy A New Pc?

Double Agent
    Originally posted by Keikan@21 September 2003 - 06:13
    Gee you upgraded fast only one year!? Where do you get that kinda cash? And if you ask me i find it hard to upgrade the processer which basically is my problem, if you look at my specs and maybe my graphic card, but i can upgrade that easily.
    The processer is so hard because you need like the right motherboard and shit and blablabla, like I'm planning to get the Athlon xp 2700+ how you suppose to upgrade that in a few years?
    yeah processors and motherboards go hand in hand

it's not hard to upgrade

basically I upgrade by using my old components and i go out and buy some case and build a system then sell it on ebay.

believe me even if the system is old you can still sometimes get a pretty good price on there.

then I buy new processor and mainboard, and if i could buy new video cards too.

it's not a lot of money to upgrade, if you know what you are doing. People think that you have to buy a brand new system to call it an upgrade. I keep most of my hardware (monitors, hdds, cdrws) and only change the parts that gets old the most (mainboard, processor, video card)

on average I spend 400-500 CAD on my upgrades so it's not really a lot.

I do a part time job and do online investing and do some advertising for my friends so I can pay off the tuition and living expenses and stuff then the rest I spend on computers

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Keikan+21 September 2003 - 00:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keikan @ 21 September 2003 - 00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wolfmight@20 September 2003 - 23:19
    I agree.. upgrade peice by peice

Upgradeing by Buying Whole new computer is Wasted Money&#33;
    Whole new floppy drive? Whole new moniter? eh?

U can get a new mobo, cpu, and graphics card for less than a brand new computer.
    I think i&#39;ll need more than that [/b][/quote]
    well if you play your cards right and buy all the new peices you need.. 1 by 1 (useing pricewatch.com or so).. Get the lowest on everything.. You will save alot.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    it all comes down to what you want to use the computer for, how often you have to upgrade or buy a new system.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    No internet buying, i can&#39;t buy from the internet
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    yeah processors and motherboards go hand in hand

it&#39;s not hard to upgrade

basically I upgrade by using my old components and i go out and buy some case and build a system then sell it on ebay.

believe me even if the system is old you can still sometimes get a pretty good price on there.

then I buy new processor and mainboard, and if i could buy new video cards too.

it&#39;s not a lot of money to upgrade, if you know what you are doing. People think that you have to buy a brand new system to call it an upgrade. I keep most of my hardware (monitors, hdds, cdrws) and only change the parts that gets old the most (mainboard, processor, video card)

on average I spend 400-500 CAD on my upgrades so it&#39;s not really a lot.

I do a part time job and do online investing and do some advertising for my friends so I can pay off the tuition and living expenses and stuff then the rest I spend on computers

You really think i can upgrade my computer? LEts see i neeed NEW: Mobo, processer, graphics card, hard drive ram all for 500cad?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Double Agent
    yup

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    uhhh one problem, my computer is really loud another reason that i wanan buy a new one, other computers you can&#39;t hear mine? it&#39;s louder than a fridge how do i fix that?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Double Agent
    your case fan is probably getting old and need replacement

you need to buy a new case

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    buy a new case or buy a new fan?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Double Agent
    they are together