Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Often Do You Buy A New Pc?

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    if it's an older system your better just buying a new one than trying to upgrade everything. when you a complete computer you tend to get more of a discount on the parts than if you tired to buy them all individually.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Broken@21 September 2003 - 06:37
    if it's an older system your better just buying a new one than trying to upgrade everything. when you a complete computer you tend to get more of a discount on the parts than if you tired to buy them all individually.
    yeah that's true

if you dont wanna bother buying all the pieces and put them together, you are better off buying a new system

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    If you are like me, you do not spend on anything else but computers. That is, because there really is not anything that is that interesting.

I do everything on my computer. That is how I learn best, too.

I recently got a new program called MathType, so I can type my math notes into my computer, very neatly, with different colors where appropriate...

Some folks I know spend their money on clothing...and some of them tell me: "dude, that computer is so expensive..."

and I am like sitting there totally laughing because that dork spent like $200 on his stupid air Jordans...or that dumb bimbo at school who has the pentium 2 400 MHz laptop who says to me: "I would rather have a boobjob than a new computer..."...yeah, uh, huh, and a face job too...

The fact is that people do not notice technology advancing forward like the computer enthusiast community. We have the best ways of working and accomplishing our goals. When my computer is up and running (well) I am the most hyper-efficient human being I can be.

You see, if you are like me, and you spend 8-12 hours a day interacting with your computing device and find it the most entertaining, informative activity available, then you just might be able to accomplish your goals effectively. Or you could be the guy/gal who spends 4 hours a day in front of some crappy low refresh rate windows 98 piece of crap. It doesen't matter to me. I got my first PC a little over a year ago, and since then I have gotten almost straight A's in school, and had more fun...(oh, and as for partying, fu*cking, ladies, etc...I did a whole load of that already...I have done more dope than anybody I know...trust me I have not missed out on much of anything...I am now 25 and going back to school...and don't mind being a school nerd...(edit: I don't do dope anymore, it sent me to the mental hospital...a few times...)

enough commentary...well I feel like typing tonight...call me lightning...lol B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Double Agent
    i've got friends who are in computer major and they dont even know how to put together a computer. i dunno what the hell they do in school except bunch of monbo jombo computer language.

that's sad

anyway I am planning to buy a laptop computer (for my finance classes) and major desktop upgrades in a couple of months. saved up a little to blow on computers ( a little over 5 grands )

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Ya I'll think i'll get a new one i guess, like i'm gonna get

AMD 2700+
    Some unknown ECS motherboard
    1024mb 400ram (which is pricey $287)
    maxtor 80gig
    ati readoen 9600pro
    and all the other misc stuff
    $1600 something
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Keikan@21 September 2003 - 06:59
    ati readoen 9600pro
    that's some nice shit

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@21 September 2003 - 07:52
    i've got friends who are in computer major and they dont even know how to put together a computer. i dunno what the hell they do in school except bunch of monbo jombo computer language.

that's sad

anyway I am planning to buy a laptop computer (for my finance classes) and major desktop upgrades in a couple of months. saved up a little to blow on computers ( a little over 5 grands )

I will tell you one thing, in the United States, a computer major has to take more advanced math than any other major...for a BS (bachelor of science in computer science): the lower division requirements are:

Calculus 1
    Calculus 2
    Multivariable Calculus
    Linear Algebra
    Differential Equations
    Physics 1
    Physics 2
    Physics 3

...thank god I am an economics major...only Calc 2 required...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Double Agent
    yeah that's true

my friend said he had difficulty with the theoratical stuff, like linear algebra but he never had to take physics though...

yeah calculus is ok for me but i never took anymore math beyond what's required.

and then there is accounting...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@21 September 2003 - 01:59
    Ya I'll think i'll get a new one i guess, like i'm gonna get

AMD 2700+
    Some unknown ECS motherboard
    1024mb 400ram (which is pricey $287)
    maxtor 80gig
    ati readoen 9600pro
    and all the other misc stuff
    $1600 something
    At least get a good motherboard. It's the most important component of a PC.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    I'm already behind, I purchased my computer just over a year ago now, and it was mid-range back then. My specs are: 2.0GHz Pentium 4, 512KB L2 Cache, 256MB PC133 SDRAM, 40GB EIDE 7200.7rpm, DVD-ROM, CD-RW etc., but I upgrade every few years, I thought my PC was extreme, after upgrading from 400MHz AMD, Duron, 128MB PC100 SDRAM (which soon turned into 64MB, after a DIMM malfunctioned) and a 10GB () HDD, from which I still had 7GB left!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123