Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with being a trader?

NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    This thread is almost laughable... no, actually it is!

for those who think there's nothing wrong with it.. take a gander here.. this is the wave of the future boys/girls!

http://file-share-freak.com/2009/03/28/why-you-shouldnt-trade-staff-members-face-ban/

read and bitch.... lmao!

What is laughable is the notion that people have a right or even the capability to impose there morality on others .
    i think your getting confused here... there is no morality.. the thing is simple.. trackers set the rules.. period! its the staff at any given tracker that enforces them or not.. which some things staff can be understanding.. and other things they might be rigid on.. point is it's not the user/member that can pick and choose which rule to follow.. there is no discussion about that..

I understand that trading can be a serious security issue with trackers but to fight with such a fascist approach is against the very ethic that the creators of the internet intended.
    tracker staff are not dictators as you may be suggesting here.. quite the contrary, they are very flexible provided users stay within the rules.. and to be honest the rules are not that hard or difficult to follow.. just about all trackers have the 3 basic ones.. don't trade, no give aways, and don't use full site name in public... sites tend to vary on other items.. now, to me.. i see a lot of play room there.. most staffers might tend to agree on that.. maybe i'm the crazy one here.. i dunno

Now I am sure that some simple- minded person will take this as me condoning trading ,killing puppies or some other such foolishness(which I obviously haven't) but then fanaticism doesn't allow for much rational thought does it?
    Actually, i don't think people would get that impression.... (unless your really into killing puppies..?)

no thanks ..... if i need something to put me to sleep, maybe i'll check it out.. (bookmarked.. just in case...)
    Last edited by jasperr; 03-29-2009 at 04:08 PM.
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithNoMore
    Is there anything wrong trading a tti invite for a tranceroute invite? Yes or No?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Yes, again if unsure ask TTi or TR staff
    There's nothing wrong. You can even trade them in their own forums:
    http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2185/42028284.jpg
    http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1442/tti.jpg

Trust me, a large majority of trackers don't give a f#ck about trading.

I'm not here defending that we all should break rules. I totally understand the need for some security and why they don't want to invite anyone. I admire the way a few trackers are managed, like fsc, ftn, tt, etc.
    What I will never understand is the total obsession for security in one hand, and doors wide open in the other.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    . and to be honest the rules are not that hard or difficult to follow.. just about all trackers have the 3 basic ones.. don't trade, no give aways, and don't use full site name in public... sites tend to vary on other items.. now, to me.. i see a lot of play room there.. most staffers might tend to agree on that.. maybe i'm the crazy one here.. i dunno

Considering the gist of your op,I wonder which one of those rules applied here

http://file-share-freak.com/2009/03/28/why-you-shouldnt-trade-staff-members-face-ban/

There is a disturbing trend in society to lay the blame on others for something that was an individuals own choice....The person chose to drink and drive so it was the bar's fault for serving him....the man stabbed his friend because he played violent video games
    It's the same kind of skewed reasoning where people used to say it was a woman's fault that she was raped because she dressed a certain way.

It is always easier and more comforting to simply lay the blame on others than address the larger issue.
    The simpletons behind these kind of short-sighted actions don't care if nothing is really solved. It is rather about demonstrating power to ease their feelings of helplessness and an puerile attempt subjugate the undecided.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithNoMore View Post
    What I will never understand is the total obsession for security in one hand, and doors wide open in the other.
    the point is accountability! you trade, no one knows who has use of the account, not staff, not no one.. at least when you use an invite there is a record and a sense of responsibility not only to tracker staff/site but to other members of the site.. responsibility that you will do your part with seeding.. which you get none of that when your in it for trade.. you'll maybe buffer the account needlessly with a seedbox or something and trade it off for the next thing..

. and to be honest the rules are not that hard or difficult to follow.. just about all trackers have the 3 basic ones.. don't trade, no give aways, and don't use full site name in public... sites tend to vary on other items.. now, to me.. i see a lot of play room there.. most staffers might tend to agree on that.. maybe i'm the crazy one here.. i dunno

Considering the gist of your op,I wonder which one of those rules applied here

There is a disturbing trend in society to lay the blame on others for something that was an individuals own choice....The person chose to drink and drive so it was the bar's fault for serving him....the man stabbed his friend because he played violent video games
    It's the same kind of skewed reasoning where people used to say it was a woman's fault that she was raped because she dressed a certain way.

It is always easier and more comforting to simply lay the blame on others than address the larger issue.
    The simpletons behind these kind of short-sighted actions don't care if nothing is really solved. It is rather about demonstrating power to ease their feelings of helplessness and an puerile attempt subjugate the undecided.
    how am i laying blame on someone else??... can you explain this to me?
    Last edited by jasperr; 03-29-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    it's not all wrong but it's not true either.Because you should give invites to your trusted friends.With tradition,you give your invitation to anyone (maybe trusted maybe not) to get invitation which you're searching for.You don't care whose you invited.he or she can be harmfull to site.you can't know.thats why it's forbidden.
    sorry for my bad english.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    the point is accountability! you trade, no one knows who has use of the account, not staff, not no one.. at least when you use an invite there is a record and a sense of responsibility not only to tracker staff/site but to other members of the site.. responsibility that you will do your part with seeding.. which you get none of that when your in it for trade.. you'll maybe buffer the account needlessly with a seedbox or something and trade it off for the next thing...
    Doors wide open = open for signups like bitmetv, scl and bcg did a few months ago. There's no accountability in this case.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    Theres no discussion about it.

Its their home, you only join, if you whant too, and if you accept their rules, a guest never demands anything.

Trading ? LOL

How about all thoese anti traders, who use the so called favors, tho get in everywhere ?

You scratch my back, ill scratch yours.

How many members at FXX where staff invited , and how many of thoese, where scratching backs... ( not so primitive trading )

Its a bad english, but i tried to make it simple.

Forgot : Still waiting to see, when, wil invite foruns, start to be chased, since just like traders, and fst, they also, put trackers security at risk!
    posting 100 times, on the boob thread, or at any other, doesnt make you a thrustwordy person, i think.
    Last edited by benficao; 03-29-2009 at 07:09 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by benficao View Post
    Theres no discussion about it.

Its their home, you only join, if you whant too, and if you accept their rules, a guest never demands anything.

Trading ? LOL

How about all thoese anti traders, who use the so called favors, tho get in everywhere ?

You scratch my back, ill scratch yours.

How many members at FXX where staff invited , and how many of thoese, where scratching backs... ( not so primitive trading )

Its a bad english, but i tried to make it simple.

Forgot : Still waiting to see, when, wil invite foruns, start to be chased, since just like traders, and fst, they also, put trackers security at risk!
    posting 100 on the boob thread, doesnt make you a thrustwordy person, i think.
    I didn't fully understand it. Could you please do a favour and help your fellow countryman, send me a private message and say exactly the same but in macauish.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    or portuguese

not really, its pretty clear, just like water

I do not support trading, but i know theres lots of ppl still doing it, but theyre smarter than the average Joe.

Ppl should all chill at least a little bit, almost anyone who got into trackers, around 2004 has at least traded, once. ( will not comment this )
    Last edited by benficao; 03-29-2009 at 07:14 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Whats wrong with trading
    You get lowlifes like beniflaceo posing like females that's whats wrong with it

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast