Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saddam's Gold Tanker Truck

This kinda reminds me of Die Hard 3 , when Samual L Jackson gets that gold bar and uses it 2 break the car window, and then he leaves the gold bar in the back of car 4 the guy 2 find

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by MetroStars@21 September 2003 - 14:21
    This kinda reminds me of Die Hard 3 , when Samual L Jackson gets that gold bar and uses it 2 break the car window, and then he leaves the gold bar in the back of car 4 the guy 2 find
    Yeah, I remember that.

Stupid git

3. Lounge   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Do any of you guys have any justifcation for the assumption that this gold is being stolen?

Thought not.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Here's a version of the story.

I have to say I am extremelly dubious about this whole thing. If that is gold then the ingots must be hollow. The whole thing just doesn't look right.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by JPaul@21 September 2003 - 15:04
    Here's a version of the story.

I have to say I am extremelly dubious about this whole thing. If that is gold then the ingots must be hollow. The whole thing just doesn't look right.

a jeweller i know once told me (in the pub ) that all the gold ever found would fit into an area the size of a football (soccer) goal area (square).

i dont know much about this story, but if the jeweller was right (and its not impossible that he's wrong, if you know what i mean ) then that would be a shitload of gold to missing, like even on a world scale. just a thought .

6. Lounge   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    A truck that size would carry about 12 tonnes of oil. It looks like the tank is about a quarter full of 'gold'. If it really was gold, it would weigh about 65-70 tonnes. How is it that the axle isn't bent, the springs aren't at the bottom etc?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Forum Star
    another good point, i refer you to my last one

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by pol+21 September 2003 - 16:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 21 September 2003 - 16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@21 September 2003 - 15:04
    Here&#39;s a version of the story.

I have to say I am extremelly dubious about this whole thing. If that is gold then the ingots must be hollow. The whole thing just doesn&#39;t look right.

a jeweller i know once told me (in the pub ) that all the gold ever found would fit into an area the size of a football (soccer) goal area (square).

i dont know much about this story, but if the jeweller was right (and its not impossible that he&#39;s wrong, if you know what i mean ) then that would be a shitload of gold to missing, like even on a world scale. just a thought . [/b][/quote]
    The Bank of England has a total gold reserve of 700 tonnes, at least a chap I know within the banking sector told me that.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Forum Star
    well, i dont know much about football so you&#39;ll have to help me out with the dimensions JPaul, and if you wouldnt mind squaring it then doing the rest of the math, it would be much appreciated

10. Lounge   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Pol,

I think that your jeweler friend was waaaay off.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast