Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saddam's Gold Tanker Truck

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Looking at the original pictures.......look at the end of the Bar he is holding in the 4th one..

To me that looks like Gold Paint flaking off something Brown..such as a clay brick. This would explain why he appears to find it so light.

Looks like another propaganda story, in which we will never find out the truth.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. Lounge   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    RF, you may be right and we'll never know.

But... that's a awfully weird shape for a clay brick. Not really too useful for stacking, is it?

Also, I don't know if you've ever seen gold ingots, but at the Denver Mint you used to be able to view some ( probably not anymore, with all the new security restrictions) and they are surprisingly crude looking.

Not trying to be argumentitive here, it is possible that this is phoney, but I think it's just as likely that it's not, based on the pictures posted.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Here is a picture of some gold I use as paperweights.
    Although I don't like to think so, it looks like gold spray paint.

Real gold should not be lumpy, as we are talking about processed bars which should have formed to the shape of the mold. There should be no convex bulges as we see in picture 4.

The stuff is gold colored, but it lacks the lustre of real gold. Well, if they polished it, it would look better, right? Wrong. The reason gold is a precious metal is that it does not oxidize (rust) so it will last forever.

As for the weight, I think you guys are correct. To hold a bar in that way, he would have to have his elbow tucked against his torso for support.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Double Agent
    u use gold bars as paper weight?

what kind of sick rich bastard are you???

just kidding

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@21 September 2003 - 01:27
    it's belongs to the iraqi ppl, not to americans, not to saddam, and definately not to "BROWN". damn american government, i wonder what's next? iran?
    watch your mouth stereotypical asshole.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@21 September 2003 - 00:56
    he's holding the gold brick like it's his...

greedy americans
    i think if i was holding a gold brick i'd want to be proud keep your mouth shut pussy ass Canadian or come down the boarder and we'll shove a shotgun up your ass and pull ths trigger. B)

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    these 2 previous post of mine has shown how us americans can also stereotype people from diffrent countries just as quick as they can us. if you do know live in American or have even been here dont try and comment on our society and how we act.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    as has already been pointed out, gold is approx 19.3 times more dense than water

one cubic metre of water weighs 1 metric tonne, therefore 1 cubic metre of gold weighs 19.3 metric tonnes

quite a bit of weight (mass)...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Lounge   -   #39
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I agree, that gold is flaking off something, and I also totaly agree about the truck not sagging that amount of gold would have the bearings cracking

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Double Agent
    wow a capitalist pig and a nazi

you didn&#39;t do a very good job at convincing to us what your government did what they&#39;ve done and why.

if you&#39;ve done anything at all it&#39;s that you&#39;ve reinforced our stereotypical comments.

Americans aren&#39;t there to help to build Iraq, they are there to rob them dry and deplete them of their wealth. It&#39;s not stereotypical, it&#39;s a fact.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast