Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex And Non Smokers

Poster
    Originally posted by pol@21 September 2003 - 14:19
    fair point there Ad, cant think of anyone i know right now that started after they were 18.

@lynx and JPaul, did your hangovers get any easier when you gave up ?, im sure it must have summit to do with it
    Oh God yes - it makes a tremendous difference.

@ Jonno - I agree if you are in your own home or a public place where smoking is allowed then why not. But as you say you are willing to compromise if someone has breathing problems or whatever. It's about mutual respect and understanding the other persons point of view.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yep tahts the problem Jonno we are all imature when where young and realate to peer preasure and think its cool but when you get older it just becomes a second nature and so addictive you end up doin git because your addicted as f*ck and can't stop The key is

TO STOP SMOKEING DON"T START

3. Lounge   -   #23
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by Adster@21 September 2003 - 13:28
    yep tahts the problem Jonno we are all imature when where young and realate to peer preasure and think its cool but when you get older it just becomes a second nature and so addictive you end up doin git because your addicted as f*ck and can't stop The key is

TO STOP SMOKEING DON"T START
    That is good advice
    And I agree whole heartedly

@Jpaul........yes m8 I do respect others especially with illness, this is a small wrld and we have to respect each other or there would be no friends.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #24
    BANNED
    Originally posted by fr600@21 September 2003 - 21:19
    Smoking gives a kind of satisfaction to your mind. You won't understand coz u don't have this habit. Even u you try once u won't get any satisfaction. Instad u will feel worse. Coz u don't this habit. I don't know why u ppl think its not good. May be because u just heard that smoking is bad for heath...lol
    You'll be telling us next that it hasn't affected YOUR brain.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't believe in all this crap about smoking being enjoyable, it isn't, you are only pandering to an addiction that is hurting you.

To make an analogy; if you put a hand in a bucket of really hot water, and keep it in there until you can stand it no more, then put it into a bucket of cold water, the feeling of relief is enjoyable.

Putting your hand in hot water in not a good thing to do.

People who smoke, knowing it is harmful to their health, are stupid for doing it.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    thats true but putting your hand in hot water isn't addictive

6. Lounge   -   #26
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@21 September 2003 - 13:39

To make an analogy; if you put a hand in a bucket of really hot water, and keep it in there until you can stand it no more, then put it into a bucket of cold water, the feeling of relief is enjoyable.

Thats very good Rikk and I fully respect your opinion

But............we smoke cos we want to, cos it helps to calm us when we stressed and cos we like it.
    Many things harm us, we eat curry and it burns our mouth but we enjoy it

I will say tho that all these years of smoking has affected my health and totally shot my sense of smeel to shit, but it's my choice and I don't force it on others.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    hmmm, come on, nothing as good as a nice cigarette after sex

no, I understand people who don't choose to smoke, it's a nasty habit afterall. I mean, it's not like it's fun waking up in the morning with a mouth that tastes like an ashtray

ps Jonno, what's the sig about?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+21 September 2003 - 14:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 21 September 2003 - 14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@21 September 2003 - 13:39

To make an analogy; if you put a hand in a bucket of really hot water, and keep it in there until you can stand it no more, then put it into a bucket of cold water, the feeling of relief is enjoyable.&nbsp;

Thats very good Rikk and I fully respect your opinion

But............we smoke cos we want to, cos it helps to calm us when we stressed and cos we like it.
    Many things harm us, we eat curry and it burns our mouth but we enjoy it

I will say tho that all these years of smoking has affected my health and totally shot my sense of smeel to shit, but it&#39;s my choice and I don&#39;t force it on others.

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
    hear hear&#33;&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    smoking is bad blah blah
    everyone says it no one really cares
    they do it anyway &#33;
    one reason some people quit is because of money - its too expensive
    they aint really caring about how it affects your health
    most of my mates smoke - doesnt mean im going to though - i dont drink at all either im a good gal

*edit it does affect others cos they breathe it in coff coff *
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Skweeky@21 September 2003 - 13:53
    no, I understand people who don&#39;t choose to smoke, it&#39;s a nasty habit afterall. I mean, it&#39;s not like it&#39;s fun waking up in the morning with a mouth that tastes like an ashtray
    There is the horrible, prolonged and painful death thing.

Quite a lot of anti-smoking campaigners are doing what they do because they don&#39;t want to see people that they like (or even love) dying in one of the most excruciating, horrific ways there is.

One of the lines I often get is "it&#39;s not all about you, I can smoke if I want to".
    My response is "DAMN straight, it&#39;s not all about me. It&#39;s all about you not dying horrifically if you quit&#33;".

It&#39;s usually at this point that someone usually says "What would you know about it Lamsey, you&#39;re not a smoker and can&#39;t understand."

Well, I watched my grandfather die of lung cancer. I understand only too well what he went through. And I don&#39;t want that to happen to anyone else.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast