Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a new seedbox $15-30

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    thank you

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    newbie question but... whats the difference between a dedicated server and a private server?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by HaoYunng View Post
    newbie question but... whats the difference between a dedicated server and a private server?
    Private server is usually a smaller (virtual) machine where hardware resources are very much below that of a dedicated server.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    So I go the box today and I have a basic first impression.

So far so good. I really like the service and what I am getting for the money. However it comes at a price. I ordered the vps and it is not a simple setup process if you want to use the server in the most efficient manner (rtorrent+wtorrent) it takes a little bit of learning (it took me about 5 hours). Although they have their own forums and an irc channel which tends to always have someone on there who could help. However once the setup is complete it is amazing for the price, size and processing power.

They do have new plans which are just seedboxs and they are a bit cheaper and already come with some setup.

I will say though that it takes a fair amount of time for you to receive your box, but I think they are now on top of everything so waits should be less. I will write a full review after I have it for a week, but first impression is good.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    How fast is your connection and what are you getting for ftp download speed?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    How fast is your connection and what are you getting for ftp download speed?
    A full review is on its way all questions will be answered. However as far as speed i have seen fast swarms at 7.6MBs so to answer your question very good. FTP well I have access to a connection master then 100 Mbit (university so no torrent traffic allowed) and it averages any where from 700-1100KBs and can do that across multiple connections.

Look for my full review in a new post in a few days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12