Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: is ratio-less the future?

BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post

Yes, please use it to shut your mouth before you end up sticking your whole leg into it AGAIN, Eric!...
    Be quiet, trader.
    His title is a lie?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I see torrents as something of the past now. Usenet is my main source for everything. No ratio, no speed to worry. For $10-11 a month is more than worth it. Besides rapidshare and other file sharing paid services, Usenet will have the longest retention as well. I don't think ratio free will be the solution for torrents through. I do agree that there are so many torrents that get overseeded and many that don't get seeded. I think the best system BCG has it. Try grabbing just anout anything and you will get great speeds and also you can find very old stuff there.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    No way.... SCT/TL examples of Ratio System ,tons of leechers and successful ones
    Last edited by Vitality; 04-04-2009 at 09:11 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone.W.Machine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post

Be quiet, trader.
    His title is a lie?
    lol.... that's how easy it is here to start shit...people will believe damm near anything won't they....?

Don't listen to eric .. A.K.A Qlix.... he's just a crying bitch because he cant get back on a certain site... now that i think about it.. not any site for that matter lol..
    Last edited by jasperr; 04-04-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    I see torrents as something of the past now. Usenet is my main source for everything. No ratio, no speed to worry. For $10-11 a month is more than worth it. Besides rapidshare and other file sharing paid services, Usenet will have the longest retention as well.
    that's not true.
    trackers like Karagarga have a better retention than Usenet.
    many reseed requests for 2-3 years old torrents are filled every weeks.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    I see torrents as something of the past now. Usenet is my main source for everything. No ratio, no speed to worry. For $10-11 a month is more than worth it. Besides rapidshare and other file sharing paid services, Usenet will have the longest retention as well.
    that's not true.
    trackers like Karagarga have a better retention than Usenet.
    many reseed requests for 2-3 years old torrents are filled every weeks.
    Reseeding is not the same as retention. You can request a repost on usenet and I've seen them fulfilled within days for games up to ten years old.

As far as 'no-ratio' sites go, SITR and FSC have been operating 1:1 / xxHRS / seedbonus policies for years and though SITR looks to be becoming a ghost-tracker, FSC still thrives.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Gilgameshx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Just imagine some music tracker with no ratio system... No one would care to seed older music...
    yair12 for president!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I'll have to join the people saying ratio-less is not the future.

As mentioned, it works with small, community oriented trackers, where people want to genuenly help the tracker by seeding stuff for months. At big trackers, people would stop seeding as soon as they reached the minimum seed time.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Der0's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Ratio-less trackers should be dedicated to some content like movies or games for example..If u make a general 0day tracker ratio-less there will be a lot of poor-seeded torrents which will lead to nothing..So ratio-less for "secret trackers" and ratio based trackers for general 0day content..

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    john pal's Avatar )-_-( BT Rep: +1
    I believe in no ratio tracker. I know, I'm a dreamer... In the end is almost the same sh*t. No ratio doesn't mean no rules. There are scripts that can detect cap speeds and other stuff. The problem is that people always goes in their best interest and not in the interest of the community. And unfortunately their are the biggest part of bt world users.
    Last edited by john pal; 04-05-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast