Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why's It So Slow?

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    And did u do the auto more search thing I told u if u didn't try that then look at the bandwidth, align it by cliking the the bandwidth button from greatest to least (triangle will be point down) then the ones at the top are the one's u want

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    [quote]Originally posted by bryanskrantz@22 September 2003 - 00:25
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd gen noob,21 September 2003 - 23:42
    Quote Originally Posted by try searching for "gta3":ph34r: [/QUOTE

about games and software, you MUST know the name of the game/software you want to download. otherwise you will find fake files of a specific game/software on the search feild(can't spell).
    lol, thanks for the advice...
    i use better protocols for dling games though...

p.s. you misquoted me too....
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    yea I know. getting used to boards. lol

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Are you using a modem or is it a modem/router, because if your using a router you will have to forward the ports Kazaa uses

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    My downloads are even slower..
    most of the time i get a 0.whatever KBs..
    and I guess I have the accellerator... and it&#39;s still
    SLOW
    my current download is at 3.9 KBs
    dang&#33; that is slow

(So you don&#39;t have to ask what I&#39;m downloading, I&#39;m downloading a movie file (an actual movie - not a small download)

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    im on comcast and DL total is 105kbps with a 5 files on kaz

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by noobiewonkenobe@21 September 2003 - 22:19
    Testing my dsl connection, it&#39;s about 1.3mb, nearly t1 speed. downloading i&#39;m getting less than 1kb/s the fastest speed I&#39;ve seen was upload at 17kb/s. What&#39;s the dealio? I turned off the proxy and it hardly made a difference. I&#39;m running XP, kazaa +++ and I dunno what the problem is

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks kindly...
    Newbiewon
    I have a dsl connection of 3.3mb and I got crappy dlspeeds as well on K-lite.There can be a lot of reasons for this.I just figured out that I excessed my internettraffic-limit of 10gb.That&#39;s why my provider reduced my connectionspeed to the speed of a modem connection(round 64kbps) untill the beginning of the next month
    Maybe you&#39;re having the same problem I&#39;m having?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by junkyardking@22 September 2003 - 01:19
    Are you using a modem or is it a modem/router, because if your using a router you will have to forward the ports Kazaa uses
    [QUOTE]

Um, I dunno about that router/modem question. I&#39;m dsl, they sent me the little thing with the nice lights Yes, I did d/l accelerator. I tried using different supernodes. . . (closer) I have the search more option turned on. Not quite clear on how to get the bandwiths displayed as someone mentioned... but sheesh this is ridiculous. People are uploading from me at MUCH higher speeds, so i&#39;m sharing a whole lot. problem is now I&#39;m getting nothing back. Ijust tested my connection again - 1.3mb. It said compared to connections around the world, mine is "fantastic" yet all of you (most of you) are getting 3 and 4 times the dl speed. the highest I&#39;vew got now is 23kb/s. but it&#39;s usually less than 1kb/s I&#39;m geting a freeware file now, with 4 sources, and they&#39;re all less than 1kb/s

While I&#39;m at it. can someone explain? What does 1.3mb connection translate to in kb/s? thanks again, sorry to drag on.

Newbiewon

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by noobiewonkenobe@22 September 2003 - 20:03
    While I&#39;m at it. can someone explain? What does 1.3mb connection translate to in kb/s? thanks again, sorry to drag on.

Newbiewon
    1mb=1.024kb so 1.3mb=1.3312kb

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    Dang.. hmm.. I get pathetic speeds.. my average is like 1MB-3MB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast