Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Usenetworld.net?

I subscribed to Usenetworld from a little over three weeks and offers an excellent service. I download the maximum speed my line without any problems. Usenetworld is a reseller of Newshosting. Very recommended. The price is laughable, and there is no need to pay more for other servers. There is the opinion of each.
    Last edited by MrBackup; 04-20-2009 at 09:10 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBackup View Post
    I subscribed to Usenetworld from a little over three weeks and offers an excellent service. I download the maximum speed my line without any problems. Usenetworld is a reseller of Newshosting. Very recommended. The price is laughable, and there is no need to pay more for other servers. There is the opinion of each.
    How could they be a reseller when they're selling the service for less?

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBackup View Post
    Usenetworld is a reseller of Newshosting. Very recommended.
    Boy, you are right about that, to some degree, read further into my story to see why!

I gave the 5 bucks a month thing a try as that would be perfect for me and cheap enough.

I paid, but account setting up was not automated...so I had to wait for them to email me my details. I waited and waited. I finally sent support an email and they responded by Saturday night with some login details.

The first set did not work, grrrr. I replied back to support and told them this. By mid-morning Sunday, they had responded back with some details telling me to "try these".

The funny thing is, the second set of login details did not match up in structure as the first set. First set was numbers, the second set was an actual username.

Now heres where the story gets fun! I got to thinking about the username differences...On a whim I tried logging into the Newshosting Control panel and VIOLA! i had logged into this account! I had access to this guys invoices, ability to cancel account and any other account functions that one may have!

What does that lead me to believe? Yes, they are selling Newshosting access, but they are taking it to the extreme! RESELLING ACTUAL PERSONAL UNLIMITED accounts!!

It certainly matches up if you look at prices. By One unlimited account for every few new subs you get, but just shows me they are a fly by night type company. i assume they do not have automated setups simply because they assign so many users to use each unlimited account they buy!

I would think this would raise costs for all other users too. Needless to say i am canceling. I will probably e-mail Newshosting about it too.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    HDJunky's post makes a lot of sense. It's possible newshosting doesn't regulate the amount of IPs that use an account simultaneously and therefore Usenetworld is buying a small amount of accounts and reselling them to a bunch of people, which would explain why they can offer such cheap prices. I'm not positive about this theory ofcourse but that's my best guess.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    newsgroupie
    Wow, I never expected anything like this. It's a scam all right, though we're not the ones being scammed.

Please post some screenshots (with login details covered over) I'm curious how many gigs from a single Newshosting account were being leeched.

At Usenetworld's current price of $20/yr, they would need to re-sell a single Newshosting account to nine different people just to break even.

You might want to ask Newshosting for a complimentary account before reporting the login details to them. Otherwise, your account will just get canceled and you'll get nothing for reporting the scam.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Good work hdjunky. It had to be some kind of scam.. Astraweb it is

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    yeah report this idiot to Newshosting;
    im sure they would like to hear about it
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    newsgroupie
    They should also be reported to News Rover, so they can hopefully remove Usenetworld from their list of recommended providers.

As Usenetworld has been in business and selling cut-rate usenet for quite a few years, I'm sure they must have had quite a few resold accounts discovered and busted over the years.

So they probably will just carry on and create even more new accounts, maybe even with other providers.

Since they've apparently been doing this for a long time, I wonder how many different providers they're ripping off? I doubt that it's just Newshosting.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    They should also be reported to News Rover, so they can hopefully remove Usenetworld from their list of recommended providers.

As Usenetworld has been in business and selling cut-rate usenet for quite a few years, I'm sure they must have had quite a few resold accounts discovered and busted over the years.

So they probably will just carry on and create even more new accounts, maybe even with other providers.

Since they've apparently been doing this for a long time, I wonder how many different providers they're ripping off? I doubt that it's just Newshosting.
    Most providers don't allow logins from multiple IPs, so it's probably only a limited number that they can scam.

PS: did anyone sign up and get the ipod touch?

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post
    PS: did anyone sign up and get the ipod touch?
    No, but they sent me a frackin' giant whale, wtf am I supposed to do with that? I can't play my music on it
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 04-22-2009 at 02:56 AM.
    [center]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast